Ricardo Beverly Hills is searching for a product designer with a passion for travel, keen eye for fashion, and a love of materials and processes. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the concept and iteration process, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and display endless inquisition. S/he must be a team player in their willingness to work with sales, marketing, and our global partners. Strong Adobe software and presentation skills coupled with the ability to influence design direction will lead to great opportunity to have your vision become a reality. Local candidates preferred.
We are a global leader specializing in the design, innovation and marketing of luggage and travel accessories. We are committed to creating effortless travel experiences through our proprietary brands RICARDO BEVERLY HILLS, SKYWAY, and STEPHANIE JOHNSON as well as private label and licensed brands. We’re motivated by creativity, captivated by the west coast and obsessed with quality. Join us. Your next adventure awaits.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• 3-7 years professional experience in Industrial Design consumer product related field.
• Passion for working at the intersection of designing and developing hard and soft goods product.
• Ability to rapidly ideate, work independently, and describe concepts clearly to enable products from concept through to final preproduction approval.
• Strong proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as MS Office (emphasis on Excel)
• Some proficiency in creating product renders and modifying 3D surface modeling (Solidworks or Rhino) is a plus.
• Sensitivity to color selection, matching, pattern and material composition.
• Organization, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
• Pro-activeness in becoming a valued team member and learn new systems and processes.
• Advanced English language and clear communication skills.
• Creation of detailed tech packs, BOM’s, and sample requests for factory handoff.
• Communicate daily with global development and suplier based partners in a clear manner.
• Research market and industry trends, participate in field research and develop presentations.
• Contribute to product design briefs/direction alongside the management team.
• Create compelling product solutions through both available and new materials.
• Actively learn and continually improve upon operational and manufacturing processes.
• Provide color and material approvals for bulk production orders.
• Travel domestically for trade shows, sales presentations, and field research.
• Opportunity to travel to Asia (up to 2x per year) to work directly with factories and suppliers.