New Jersey based studio is growing and we are looking for an exceptional full-time designer (at least 2-6 year’s experience) who is passionate about consumer electronics. As a part of our team, you will collaborate on all phases of the design process from conceptualization to production.
We offer a focused, yet informal environment for highly motivated designers. Our brands include iHome and we are a leader in consumer electronics with over 65 years experience. Our projects move at the forefront of some of the latest technologies with designs that touch the lives of millions of daily users in homes across the country.
- Strong form-giving skills and design sensitivity
- A high level of creativity and holistic thinking
- A genuine interest in the current design trends as well as in the latest technology
- Keen awareness of usability issues and empathy towards end user
- Mechanically inclined with strong aesthetic sensitivity
- A strong portfolio of creative work that clearly demonstrates design for consumer electronics market
- In-depth experience in guiding design through to manufacturing (must have)
- Knowledge of full User Experience (from out-of-box experience to embedded UI controls)
- Highly developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Creative problem solver
- Execute product design and visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide initial research to learn about user needs, consumer trends and market analysis
- Investigate, create and implement world-class user experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for presentations and reviews
- Deliver clear CAD to Engineering and Manufacturing
- Communicate design intent to factories by creating Technical design pecifications detailing fit, finishes, color, graphics, and user interface
- High quality 3D renderings for product marketing
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environments with collaboration across engineering, sales and marketing.
- Project management; taking responsibility for projects from the start to the implementation phase. Able to work on multiple projects.
- Maintain quality assurance standards for design and color integrity throughout the product lifecycle
- Explore new market opportunities and product portfolio propositions
- This position may require periodic travel for store visits, tradeshows, and more along with communication with overseas partners
In addition to a high level understanding of contemporary, modern consumer electronics culture, the ideal candidate must excel in:
• Design Tools: Excellent CAD-skills in SolidWorks, Keyshot, Photoshop, Illustrator and other common tools (required)
• English: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2D Hand Skills: Sketching, illustration, Adobe Suite
• Function: Mechanical, Usability/Human Factors
• Form: Visual Appeal, Proportion/Scale, Study models, Craftsmanship & Color/Finish/Material
• At least 2-6 years professional experience
• BFA or BID degree in Industrial Design
• Good knowledge and working experience in consumer electronics product design
• Experience with packaging & branding is a plus
• Must have authorization to work in the USA
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume with a detailed salary/compensation history to the Director of Product Design and Development.
Please also provide a URL or link to a website, or a 10 MB pdf file of your content. This should include successful products on the market as well as proposals that are attentive to future projections.
No recruiters please.