Job Title: Industrial Designer
Reports to: Director of R&D or Industrial Designer Manager
Date: June 9, 2016
Perform all necessary activities to design best-in-class golf equipment, including but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Work with other industrial designers to steer and manage the design process throughout the entire development cycle of the product, from inception to production.
• Execute new product development activities such as brainstorming, ideation, sketching, market analysis, modeling, prototyping, testing, surveying.
• Take responsibility for the aesthetics and cosmetics of all products.
• Design for X: cost, manufacturing, performance, quality.
• Maintain strong personal capability vis a vis design: drawing, modeling, painting, prototype finishing, metal finishing (polishing, blasting, etc.), and design best-practices.
• Host design reviews and frequently report project status verbally or through documentation
• Coordinate work closely with other teams in R&D (CAD, Engineering, Test Lab) as well as with other departments (Marketing, Tour, Operations, Manufacturing, QC)
• When necessary, coordinate and communicate with overseas vendors and suppliers
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Software – Experience with CAD software (Unigraphics NX preferred), Design Software (Adobe Suite, Keyshot, Hypermove)
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Adheres closely to project plans and schedules; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others;
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Occasional travel may be requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fine Arts, Product Design, or similar
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 years of experience
• Avid golfer a plus
• Experience in product development a plus
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.