We are building a world-class team, and are seeking a forward-thinking industrial designer who is passionate about high tech products incorporating the latest in technology. You’ll be creating innovative, ergonomic, user-friendly consumer and military product concepts before refining them for mass production. You will work closely with other industrial and graphic designers, in addition to mechanical and electrical engineers, to bring concepts to life. Strong visual, verbal and written communication skills are required for our collaborative environment.
• Create sketches and illustrations of product concepts, or enhance existing products to make them more appealing to consumers.
• Use sketches, detailed drawings, mock-ups, 3D prints, and rendered CAD models to demonstrate product potential.
• Create compelling form language for products and product lines.
• Research design/product trends and create mood boards to help guide concept development.
• Identify relevant insights relating to the wireless industry, military, technology, culture, etc., and translate those insights into actionable design solutions.
• Create color, material, and finish documents for each product concept.
• Work with engineering and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
• Present designs internally and to our customers.
• Test design concepts in focus groups or surveys.
• Perform research on appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
• Research cost of materials and labor to produce products.
• Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Create trademarks to appear on advertising materials or company marketing collateral.
• Create instruction sheets and other 2D assets for products.
• Develop and maintain team-based interpersonal skills and can-do attitude.
• Work effectively with outside consultants, model shops, or other service providers as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or related field. 1 to 3 years of experience in product development.
Candidate must present a strong portfolio that demonstrates a clear creative process, insight discovery, creativity, form development using 2D and 3D methods, craft, and experience turning ideas into compelling product designs.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Basic knowledge of injection molding, tooling, and machining techniques.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Dealing with ambiguity and the ability to learn on the fly are also key to this role.
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Proficient in SolidWorks
Skilled in Keyshot
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our competitive salary, commensurate with experience and an extensive benefits package, enhances our commitment to your success including:
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• 401(k) plan with company match
• Creative and innovative work environment
• Business casual dress code
We also work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture
Please use Industrial Designer as your subject line along with your salary requirements.