JOB TITLE: Industrial Designer
REPORTS TO: Industrial Design Manager
SITE: Henderson, Nevada, USA
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Provide industrial design input including but not limited to brand identity, ergonomics, human machine interface, usability, research, operator experience, aesthetic quality and graphic design to assist the ID department to fulfil product development requirements for all products.
• Assist in executing ID application, direction, input, and expertise for entire product line
• Provide ID specific input regarding human factor requirements/relationships, HMI, and end user experience direction based off experience and anthropometric/demographic data.
• Optimize top level cad model assemblies to prepare, 3D print, and assemble scale models for concept validation and display
• Create digital photorealistic renderings of product concepts to drive expected internal and external projects outcomes
• Generate product label graphic content that clearly communicates product function, promotes safety, aligns with brand identity and minimizes overall cost.
• Work within product development process to support assigned tasks including new product development, current product enhancements, cost reduction efforts, and product problem resolution(s)
• Communicate between different processes, teams, departments and management hierarchy as required
• Execute and report the status of assigned tasks to other departments as well as upper management as required
• Participate in both internal and external customer and supplier meetings as necessary to assure achievement of project goals
• Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business need/requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES PREFERRED:
• Exhibit integrity, resilience, flexible to current and new situations, but always a team player
• Must be results driven with the ability to encourage and to speak up to people and teams
• Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve, manage tasks and adapt to change quickly.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments, supplier and customer base, as well as upper management
• Able to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise and motivation to succeed
• Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design with 1-3 years’ experience
• Ideation sketching and form development
• Rapid Prototyping (3D printer)
• Solidworks (surfacing experience would be great here, but not necessarily needed)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• 401 (k)
• Relocation Assistance
• Performance based supplemental pay
Please submit your portfolio and resume for consideration