Are you creative and would love to drive innovation for one of the worlds coolest brands?
Here's an awesome opportunity to bring your creativity and Leadership experience to play!
Lead, develop and grow creative team
• Brief, lead and coach the team and support their growth and development professionally and personally.
• Build a work environment where creativity and innovation thrives and where an atmosphere of trust ensures that candid feedback is a natural part of the ideation process and team culture
• Build a network of freelancers and partners to collaborate with as part of the creative development work.
• Set creative direction for the team lead the design work and coach them throughout the development.
• Build a strong network and solid understanding in the team of the LEGO value chain in terms of key innovation partners, operating model challenges and opportunities.
Lead the creative development in innovation projects
• Collaborate with the PO to define relevant areas for discovery and exploration based on insights and foresights.
• Lead the ideation process based on the identified discovery areas from early ideas to working prototypes and validation
• Manage and communicate conceptual design work via sketching and visual communication tools
• Bring ideas to life via prototypes and design leadership
• Lead brainstorms, conceptualize and sketch ideas
• Can use design tools such as 3D printing and experienced using relevant design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe premier, Rhino etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of the toy market
Research and experimentation
• Help design experiments answering the discovery questions and ensure that the assets needed are created MVP style fitting the needs of the experiment learning goals
• Set the design objectives and learning goal in relation to user research
• Lead the development of stimuli material (MVP style) to guide research and experimentation
• Interpret findings from a design perspective and ensure lessons are embedded in the further development work to create user appealing experiences.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to pitch concepts simply and clearly to stakeholders across the organization including top management.
• Excellent communicator of concept ideas both verbally and by sketch and demos
• Ability to prototype, direct other to shape ideas via concise design brief and creative direction.
• Emphasis on quick, iterative prototyping, and model development.
Influence innovation development with diverse perspectives and cultural insight
• Leverage deep cultural insight and experience to influence innovation missions and projects to ensure fit with Asian audiences and global relevance
• Proactively share trends and examples from the region to inspire other locations
• Connect with and utilize innovation eco-systems in Asia
Play your part in our team succeeding
Creative Play Lab exists to build radically new, big, fun LEGO experiences that delights and inspires the builders of tomorrow and to inspire and drive change through impactful collaboration across the LEGO Group.
Innovation spans broadly from new play experiences, new business models, new Go To Markets strategies as well as strategic portfolio innovation in relation to our core propositions. Propositions that ultimately can transform The LEGO Group and the play industry.
Working in Creative Play Lab you will be helping to invent the future of LEGO play. You will work in a small cross-functional team with a start-up feel. You will take on a variety of projects, both short term, and long term, and regularly link the broader team of creative designers/developers across our global network. You will be working closely with your design team as well as marketing and research ideating, crafting, testing, and shaping ideas into future LEGO experiences.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in fine arts for concept, product, interaction, industrial design, or related field.
• Deep experience within the toy, invention, product, or entertainment design industry.
• Robust portfolio and a proven track record in leading creative development outlining design leadership skills, presentation, briefing, sketching, storytelling, ideation, brainstorming, and conceptual design skills
• Leadership experience in relation to supporting and coaching team members for professional and personal growth
• Has lead the creative development of new commercially viable innovation with the starting point in the Asia
• Experienced in asset/creative experience development (hands on) with a professional expertise in a one or more design disciplines.
• Experienced with agile methodology incl. designing to answer hypotheses and conducting experiments.
• A strong network builder
• Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
Nice to have
• Experience working in a start up environment.
• Possess natural gravitas and builds natural followership
• Is proactive, self driven and not afraid to initiate new things.
• Willing to travel up to 30+ days per year up (internationally)
• Advanced English language skills.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.