We're looking for an experienced interior designer to join our team of high-end residential designers. This candidate will be responsible for leading projects from conception through execution and installation and will act as the client’s main point of contact through the design process. The project manager will be involved in all phases of the project including client meetings, design schemes, workroom visits, vendor meetings, installations and photoshoots. This candidate will work directly with the Creative Director and will collaborate with the other designers and architects in the office. Expected salary range for this position is $85-$100K.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, will be a self-starter with the ability to take the lead on tasks, and maintain client and vendor relationships. They will be able to source fabrics and materials for design schemes, create and oversee work orders and purchase orders, track and monitor client and vendor payments, and effectively manage their time to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- At least 8 years of experience in interior design, especially focused on high-end residential projects
- At least 3 years of experience working on projects in and around New York City
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, or interior architecture
- Thorough proficiency in G Suite (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides) and Microsoft Excel is a must
- Experience with the renovation process, knowledge of custom furniture drawings and production, as well as knowledge of the NYC market including vendors, custom fabricators, etc. are essential
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Studio Designer are preferable but not required
- This position will require some travel nearby and outside of NYC for jobsite visits and project installations. Must have a valid US driver's license, car ownership is a plus.
- Availability to start immediately and work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM with a minimum of 3 full days required in person in our Brooklyn office
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- Enrollment in 401k program
- Contribution towards The Spring Meditation's Vedic Meditation course
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits, Health Savings Account
- Virtual medical benefits including Teladoc Virtual Health Program, HealthAdvocate Healthcare - Support, and TalkSpace Online Mental Health Therapy
- Waterfront office space with amazing views and amenities including club lounge, fitness center (contribution towards monthly membership), rooftop cabana, bicycle storage and parking
- Dog-friendly office and bi-weekly office happy hours
- Summer Fridays in July and August
If this sounds like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume along with your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We look forward to meeting you!
Please include your resume and portfolio