ESI Design is seeking a Senior Physical Designer to join its team (large-scale media experience projects, institutional environments, museum exhibits, and corporate installations). In this role, you will be designing compelling spaces through architectural visualization - 3D, renderings and drawings. You will also be designing interactives and complex visitor experiences, and bringing these into alignment with project content.
This role is perfect for a curious, inventive and rigorous senior designer who is excited by the challenge of creating compelling spatial design experiences and relentless in pursuing the right design solution.
• Multi-tasker. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines.
• Great Spatial Design Chops. Possesses amazing design vision and sensibilities, with the skillset to successfully execute ideas.
• Team player. Works collaboratively with an internal multidisciplinary design team that includes AV systems designers, UX /UI designers, writers and content designers, graphic designers and project managers. As a flexible designer, he/she must be able to adopt feedback into improving the design, and work on co-created designs.
• Passionate. Enthusiastic about exploring design solutions and pushing boundaries.
• Problem Solver. Strong, innovative and strategic approach to finding design solutions.
• Self-starter. Proactive working style, with strong sense of self-initiation.
• Stellar communicator.
o Able to articulate his/her ideas to internal teams as well as to clients.
o Able to interact with clients to establish design criteria and communicate concepts.
o Be able to present design concepts verbally and visually; both internally and directly to clients.
THE IDEAL PERSON
• 5-7+ years of experience with strong spatial design skills
• Professional degree in Architecture, Industrial Design or Exhibit Design
• An amazing portfolio various types of projects
• Extensive knowledge and experience in 3D modeling, rendering, drafting and digital design documentation using relevant design software
• Strong visualization skills
• Proven ability and relevant work experience in cross-functional environments including Retail, Corporate, Museum and/or Large-scale media experience design.
• Experience in the design production process, from documentation to overseeing fabrication and installation.
• Strong conceptual design skills and analytical thinking
• Proficiency in 3D Modelling/Rendering is a MUST!
• Proficiency in Adobe CC Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Working knowledge of Grasshopper, UE4, Autocad and Sketch-Up & Layout a plus.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format or a link with strong examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.