Credo Product Development works as a multidiscipline team of problem solvers offering complete design solutions derived from researching and understanding the user/product experience. We are currently looking for an Entry to Junior Level Industrial Designer to work in our design studio located southeast of Madison Wisconsin in McFarland.
As part of the Credo team, you’ll join our other industrial designers who work closely with our engineers (mechanical, electrical, and software) to assist our clients in developing products, in many categories, across various marketplaces. The primary product categories we excel in are consumer, medical, device and instrumentation, digital interfaces, and test fixtures. Digital sketching and CAD modeling will be used extensively to generate product concepts. In addition to the physical product design, you will work with the design team to create digital UI/UX for mobile, device, web, and PC applications. You will be responsible for presenting your ideas both internally as well as to our clients. Your other responsibilities will include conducting and distilling design/user research, creating mood boards, generating CAD renderings, and creating 3D-printed prototypes to meet design goals. In addition to client projects, you will have the opportunity to expand Credo’s portfolio and website, as well as providing content for Credo’s social media accounts.
• Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to communicate through sketches, renderings, and
presentations visually and verbally
• Display an innovative, meaningful approach to design through user-based research
• Have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design or similar
• Exhibit strong skills in 2D computer software programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD
Sketchbook Pro preferred) as well as proficiency using digital tablet sketching.
• Exhibit strong skills in 3D computer software programs for modeling and rendering
(SolidWorks and Keyshot preferred)
• Possess knowledge about materials and finishes and manufacturing processes
• Well organized with a high attention to detail
• Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
• Able to work in a team environment and take direction
• 1-3 years of Industrial Design experience
Please send a portfolio sample and resume (or link to web-based portfolio/resume) to:
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.