New Jersey based studio is growing and we are looking for an exceptional full-time designer (1-2 years experience) who is passionate about consumer electronics. As a part of our team, you will collaborate on all phases of the design process from conceptualization to production.
We offer a focused, yet informal environment for highly motivated designers. Our brands include iHome and we are a leader in consumer electronics with over 60 years experience. Our projects move at the forefront of some of the latest technologies with designs that touch the lives of millions of daily users in homes across the country.
- Strong form-giving skills and design sensitivity
- A high level of creativity and holistic thinking
- A genuine interest in the current design trends as well as in the latest technology
- Keen awareness of usability issues and empathy towards end user
- Mechanically inclined with strong aesthetic sensitivity
- In-depth experience in guiding design through to manufacturing (must have)
- Highly developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Creative problem solver
- Execute product design and visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide initial research to learn about user needs, consumer trends and market analysis
- Investigate, create and implement world-class user experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for weekly presentations and review
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environments with collaboration across engineering, sales and marketing.
- Project management; taking responsibility for projects from the start to the implementation phase. Able to work on multiple projects.
- This position may require travel some communication with offices overseas.
- This position may require periodic travel for store visits, tradeshows, and more along with communication with overseas partners.
In addition to a high level understanding of contemporary, modern consumer electronics culture, the ideal candidate must excel in:
• Design Tools: Excellent CAD-skills in SolidWorks, Keyshot, Photoshop, Illustrator and other common tools
• English: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2D Hand Skills: Sketching, illustration, Adobe Suite
• Function: Mechanical, Usability/Human Factors
• Form: Visual Appeal, Proportion/Scale, Study models, Craftsmanship & Color/Finish/Material
• 1-2 years professional experience
• BFA or BID degree in Industrial Design
• Good knowledge and working experience in consumer electronics product design
• Experience with packaging & branding is a plus
• Must have authorization to work in the USA
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send us a portfolio and resume with a salary requirements.
Portfolio can be a link to a website, or a 10 MB PDF file of your content. This should include successful products on the market as well as proposals that are attentive to future projections.
No recruiters please.