A skilled and enthusiastic Junior Pattern Cutter is required for our small but exciting company. We are seeking a pattern cutter with a wide ranging skillset and passion for innovation. The role offers a lot of opportunity for creative freedom and you will work in collaboration with the team to deliver to push towards unique creative solutions. As an emerging brand, we value individuals that are able to dive into a variety of projects and embrace the different challenges every day will bring.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and design team to create womenswear patterns that follow the design brief and direction.
- Create patterns across a wide range of product categories including (but not limited to) dresses, shirts, tops, trousers, outerwear, soft accessories etc.
- Pattern cutting on the flat and through 3D draping.
- Grade patterns into multiple sizes (if inexperienced in this, education and advise on pattern grading will be provided).
- Retrace patterns and prepare patterns for the manufacturing process.
- Pattern cutting for woven and jersey/stretch materials.
- Occasional opportunity to design through fabric draping.
- Occasionally sewing toiles/samples when required.
- Advising on the construction of garments and technical elements.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in a womenswear pattern cutting or design with pattern cutting subject or equivalent experience
- Excellent and broad knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting
- Appreciated but not required; experience in tailoring
- Must be (age 16-24) and eligible to work in the UK / meet requirements for the UK Kickstart Scheme
- Please note to qualify for the UK Kickstart Scheme the candidate has to be enrolled on to Universal Credit in England, Scotland or Wales.
As a young brand, beginning a career in the fashion industry is not a distant memory and we understand the challenges and learning curve involved. We will seek to nurture and enhance your skills as you face new challenges through the sharing of our knowledge and regular communication to ensure you are thriving and happy in your new role.