A position has opened up for a graphic designer at Dutch East Design. We are a boutique narrative-driven interior design and branding agency, with a focus on creating memorable and unique experiences for travelers, diners, and drinkers! (We specialize in hospitality)
There is an opportunity at Dutch East Design to flex your creative muscles, as well as develop some new ones. The successful applicant will be passionate about design, have an insatiable curiosity, and an excellent work ethic. While it is of critical importance that the successful applicant is able to design unique visual identities for our projects, it is just as important that they are motivated to seek out imaginative, new ways to deploy those creations throughout our projects, beyond what might be considered as the core package of collateral.
In essence, the role involves:
IMMERSION - be absorbed, curious, inquiring; research projects to establish strong, relevant points of view, which will serve as springboards into the design process.
EXPLORATION - create, debate, discover; using all your skills, test your ideas graphically to reach a design solution.
EXECUTION - deploy, delineate, articulate; find imaginative and practical ways to connect with the user, using the visual identity established in the exploration phase.
In more detail:
• Research, and speak to the research, to advance the ideation of a project.
• Develop, in a collaborative environment, the brand story from concept to completion for hospitality-focused projects.
• Design, as part of a team, graphic design and branding components for the various projects, from their preliminary stages through to final client approval and production.
• Collaborate with our interior design team to design unique graphic elements to be used in custom wallcoverings, carpets, signs, murals and more.
• Create captivating presentations, disseminating ideas to a discerning audience.
• Provide design support to print-based and web-based vendors, ensuring satisfactory execution of the designs.
• Embrace vendors as creative partners and work with them to produce work on time, on budget, and to the design intent.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Graphic Design.
• Strong compositional and typographic skills and an understanding of visual hierarchy.
• Organizational skills, both in workflow and file management.
• Strong written communication skill.
• Proficient in current Adobe Creative Suite Software; particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), currently following a hybrid of in-studio (Greenpoint, Brooklyn) and remote work. A fully remote format may be considered. Salary commensurate with experience and aptitude. Health and dental benefits available.
Email résumé and a folio of pertinent work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with applicant's name as subject heading.