Pentland Group are looking for a highly driven junior social media designer. You must be passionate about developing and delivering forward-thinking original content across a multitude of online platforms. utilising an array of skills such as graphic design, motion animation and photography to produce captivating creative content for our brands across all international markets.
To be successful you should be highly motivated, creative, and be someone who lives & breathes creative & social media content. A great understanding of core social media platforms & their features (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok) is essential
The role you’d play:
You will work as part of a central design team to provide creative and commercial solutions to briefs set by the Pentland Brands, under the guidance of the Design Pool Manager.
You will be creating a variety of different social media content each week across our brands which will include re-touching, graphic design and animation. Creatively executing these assets consistently across on and off-line channels is a pre-requisite of this role.
Working in conjunction with internal teams and stakeholder to ensure effective, aligned communication of brand messages through all communications channels.
• Collaborate brands to ensure creative, copy and strategy are aligned
• Conduct research on media techniques and unique content ideas
• Compose and create digital images, video animation, and textual animations for use on social media, our website and other digital channels
• Create animated sequences using computer animation software
• Create custom shoots and use innovative photographic compositions to create a distinct, market-leading image for our products
• Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment and takes ownership ensuring all projects are executed within the agreed deadlines and to a high standard.
• Ability to take creative direction, and proactively seeks practical solutions and increases the creative output, raising the bar for our brands.
• Providing original thinking displaying strength of design through creative execution; Commercial understanding with unique designs, whilst adhering to Brand guidelines.
• Work creatively on a broad range of tasks from creating seasonal campaign content, B2B comms, landing pages, digital banners, email graphics including third party digital content.
(There is training available. However, a good base is needed to start with)
• Being fully skilled across the full Adobe suite of apps (inc. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
• Mac literate with good Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PowerPoint)
• Good working knowledge of HTML (5), CSS (3).
• Must be (age 16-24) and eligible to work in the UK / meet requirements for the UK Kickstart Scheme
• Please note to qualify for the UK Kickstart Scheme the candidate has to be enrolled on to Universal Credit in England, Scotland or Wales.
Needs to be
• Team player with a can-do attitude, with good listening skills, that can take direction as well as suggest creative solutions/recommendations.
• Shows accountability for own workload.
• Positive, proactive and engaging.
• Calm, organised and detail driven.
• Motivated by working in a changing, flexible environment.
• Approachable and friendly; easy to build strong personal relationships. Passionate in creativity, trends and behaviors.
Needs to have
• A desire to become an accomplished designer
• Willingness to learn
• Good interpersonal skills, diplomatic and persuasive
• Inspire confidence through creative energy, drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong presentation and communication skills both on a one to one basis and to a group
• Accurate interpretation of briefs