About The Team
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men, women and kids combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. And our Marketing team is delivering on that mission today, combining exceptional creativity with data-driven insights to make valuable, meaningful brand experiences and programs that break through, shape our industry and contribute to every part of our business. And we believe we have only scratched the surface of our opportunity, which is why we're looking for incredible people to contribute! We'd love for you to help us carry on the trend.
About the Role
As a Lead Designer on the Campaigns and Activations team, you will join like-minded individuals who excel at concepting engaging, story-driven creative; who possess a refined aesthetic; and who are passionately focused on their craft. You will participate in the development of conceptually rich marketing activations, and be responsible for producing the attendant assets across a variety of channels and platforms. You will perform this task in two ways—via the direct application of your craft, and via the opportunity to mentor and direct production artists in our design studio. Projects will range from next generation digital marketing campaigns, to novel social activations, to traditional print-based work. In other words, you will help share the Stitch Fix brand with the world, ensuring our visual communications adhere to brand standards, communicate clearly and concisely, and—most importantly—present a coherent and delightful customer experience that drives measurable business impact. This role reports to the Art Director, Women's, and is located in our San Francisco headquarters.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead efforts to design digital products, marketing emails, advertisements, in-house communications, and other digital and print collateral that is consistent with our brand image and, most critically, informed by business results and client insights.
- Have an impact on our business by translating thought provoking creative briefs into strategically sound, brand-right, and robust creative solutions which communicate effectively to our diverse and rapidly growing customer base.
- Gain cross-functional exposure when collaborating cross-functionally with the broader Marketing team, as well as our Merchandising and Product teams.
- Proactively push our design practice and approach forward by nurturing new ideas from concept to execution along with your creative peers in the Brand Systems, Styling, Content, Copy, and Photography departments.
- Leverage professional experience and leadership skills to excite and inspire your colleagues and business partners—you must be able to make confident design decisions, assert your POV, and be persuasive in bringing others along with you.
- Eloquently express the conceptual underpinning and design rationale for our work.
- Act as a liaison between your Art Director and our Creative Services studio. You will hone your directorial skills by mentoring junior designers and/or freelancers by giving pragmatic design guidance, conveying best practices, and ensuring brand cohesion.
- Foster a healthy culture of design criticism and learning by having an active voice in cross-functional design reviews.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment while continually striving to iterate on and improve the creative process.
- Assist recruiting new talent for the design team by participating in interview panels.
We’re excited about you because you have...
- 5+ years of experience at an advertising or digital agency or in-house equivalent; 1+ years of leadership or management is a nice addition.
- Strong online portfolio that demonstrates conceptual innovation and rigor, systems thinking, a rational design process, and production expertise across a variety of digital and print formats, e.g. desktop, mobile, tablet, print, and packaging.
- Formal academic background (BA/MA) in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communication Design, or commensurate work experience; MFA a plus.
- Expert command of information design, visual hierarchy, page layout, typography, 2D design principles and color theory.
- Ability to interpret, translate, and extend existing brand guidelines in the context of developing creative assets.
- Ability to articulate strategic design intent through compelling visual language concepts, mood definition boards, and design mock-ups.
- Fluency with common design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Experience with video editing, motion graphics, or another dynamic medium is a strong plus!
Illustration / iconography skills a plus.
- Eloquent communication and presentation skills; ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and client.
- Effective time management skills to balance fast-paced project schedules with bold goals.
- Passion for a vibrant company culture committed to being Bright, Goal-Oriented, and Kind.
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.