Brightz is a small, family-owned business with a large national footprint that designs and sells fun consumer products to mass retailers across the nation. Focused on the LED lighting space, Brightz provides a fast, fun, and challenging environment. Brightz has experienced explosive growth in 2020-21 and is looking to expand even further.
Brightz offers an exceptional benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and life insurance, along with annual bonuses, 401k matching, a flexible “no hard limit” vacation and personal time policy, parental leave, competitive salaries, and a hybrid work environment.
The Lead Product Designer will manage and guide our industrial design team in the creation of new physical consumer products for mass-retail, from ideation to high-fidelity models. This position will manage a small team of designers and provide mentorship. There will also be hands on work, from sketching, CAD modeling, and prototype creation. The Lead Product Designer position is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Creative director, Marketing director, and Manufacturing.
• Manage and oversee the industrial design team.
• Work in partnership with the Creative Director to oversee the development of various consumer goods concepts.
• Identify areas for improvement of processes in the product development pipeline, and assist in implementing those improvements
• Implement and stay informed of new technology in the rapid prototyping industry
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Submission of portfolio required for consideration
• 3+ years of team management experience
• 8+ years of working within the industrial design industry
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or a related field
• 3+ years of experience with rapid prototyping machines, such as 3D printers.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Physical consumer goods design experience strongly preferred
• Exceptional management and communication skills
• Ability to work within a fast-growing company
• Great mentor for junior designers
• Working and current knowledge of any CAD Software suite
Compensation and Benefit Details:
• Competitive market-driven salary, with bonuses based on performance
• Health insurance: 75% of employee premium cost covered, 50% of dependent premium cost covered. Low-deductible plan ($1000 individual in-network). Sixty day waiting period applies.
• Vision and Dental: 75% of employee premium cost covered, 50% of dependent premium cost covered. Sixty day waiting period applies.
• $15,000 life insurance policy per employee, entire premium covered. Sixty day waiting period applies.
• Vacation and Personal days are provided without a set limit. This is an open plan with minimal limitations, as long as job performance and position expectations are achieved.
• Parental leave: 6-weeks paid, 6-weeks unpaid. Six months continuous employment required.
• 401k matching: 100% match up to 3% contribution, 50% match between 3%-5% contribution of annual salary. One year of continuous employment required.
About the Region:
Our facility is in Michigan, located near Toledo, Ohio. Commutable cities also include Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. Detroit is a little more than an hour away. Enjoy a strong, modern benefit package with a Midwest cost of living!
If you love outdoor sports, you will love southern Michigan. A short weekend trip to lakes with watersports, hunting, fishing, camping, and more is easy. During the winter snowmobiling and ice fishing are also a popular option. Michigan is well known for its natural beauty and there are plenty of parks a short trip from the office.
Our COVID-19 Response:
Brightz takes COVID-19 extremely seriously. Brightz continuously monitors scientific and government publications to make sure that best known practices are performed and implemented. Vaccination against COVID-19 strongly recommended and may be required in the near future.