We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our design team. This role will report to our VP of Design, and can be based anywhere in the US. Ethena works east coast hours but is reasonable about morning meetings for our west coast colleagues.
Our new Lead Product Designer will be responsible for our internal tools and be a key contributor to building out our proprietary compliance AI product.
You may notice, we have an HQ in Brooklyn, NY, however, we are a fully remote team and will stay this way! We now also have “hubs” forming in New York, Denver, SF, and Toronto.
What you'll do:
- Report to the VP of Design
- Manage individual contributors by demonstrating the product design process and providing guidance and feedback on their work in addition to career coaching
- Contribute to product design work, with a focus on initiatives that span multiple pods or product lines
- Create new design artifacts, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, mocks, prototypes, and pixel-perfect final redlines
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Rationalize design work and advocate for users’ needs
- Own the qualitative research process and work directly with users
- Be the design stakeholder in our short and long term product development process
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
What makes a great candidate:
- Demonstrated ability to ship product at a high-growth startup
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams of 3-4 designers
- Deep understanding of collaboration on a scaling team with multiple designers and product lines
- Mastery of user-centered design principles
- Able to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Ability to think in systems and able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for what we’re building here at Ethena
- An impeccable sense of humor
- For this role, the salary is: $160,000 USD
Ethena is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Ethena does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship for this role.