AdvantEdge Digital, a CUNA Mutual Group company, partners with credit unions and provides a suite of SaaS solutions to help unlock digital potential. We help credit unions grow and compete at scale with consumer-centric digital lending experiences, analytics tools that deliver real-time insights, and much more.
Why join HXDG?
The Human Experience Design Group (HXDG) is a group of multifaceted designers in AdvantEdge Digital doing the best work of our lives – conceiving, building, and launching digital products that make a positive impact on the financial futures of credit unions and members. By partnering with research, product and technology teams, HXDG delivers value to our business and customers through human-centered design. We use design thinking to align around the real needs of our customers and to advocate for them in every business decision.
Put simply, we work to improve financial futures of Credit Unions and their Members through exceptional design.
The Lead Designer is a senior keystone role within Human Experience Design Group (HXDG), reporting to the Director of Experience Design.
As a Lead Designer, you will lead the design strategy for one or more products, operating as an equal partner with Product and Technology to shape the future of our digital products. You will be the hands-on point person owning design efforts on one or more value streams in AdvantEdge Digital.
Responsibilities include concepting, designing, testing, and driving intuitive and functional user interfaces and experiences to achieve a harmonious look and feel for your products. A keen eye for aesthetics, the ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, the skill to create beautiful and intuitive visual experiences, and the ability to communicate that process and its nuances to other roles and team members are all key accountabilities.
On a typical project you will:
• Understand the goals, business value, requirements, and constraints for the project
• Forge and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with the research, product, and engineering teams
• Partner with stakeholders and lead UI/UX designs from concept to production
• Manage the design backlog and prioritization for your product(s) in collaboration with Product and Engineering
• Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
• Oversee and create high quality wireframes, prototypes, product concepts, UI components, storyboards, user flows and process diagrams
• Assign design tasks to designers and track progress toward completeness
• Plan the in-sprint milestones for design activities, including reviews and implementation of feedback
• Act as the central voice of feedback and direction during daily pin-ups, crit sessions, and reviews
• Help onboard, train, and mentor new design staff
• Monitor usage analytics of the live products to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
• Represent and communicate design solutions to internal stakeholders, leaders, and executives
• Bring your experiences, diversity, and unique perspectives to further enrich our culture
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in digital art, computer science, graphic design, human-computer interaction, UI design or related professional work experience
• 7-10 years’ experience designing world class user interfaces and experiences, 4+ years in a lead role
• A strong portfolio to back up your resume
• Outstanding visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction and accessibility
• Deep experience with visual design tools such as Figma, Sketch, XD, Illustrator
• Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows
• Experience applying design patterns across multiple product lines and features
• Experience facilitating cross functional groups and leading presentations
• Practical experience working in Agile / Scrum teams
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• A strong understanding of user research, with ability to assimilate usability test feedback in your designs
• Knowledge of human factors, human centered design, and design thinking – we walk the talk
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java Script frameworks
It would be a bonus if you had:
• Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
• Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer