A division of Kohler Co., a global leader in kitchen and bath, power generation, and hospitality, Kohler Ventures builds new digital businesses in areas of strategic importance to the company. Our mission is to empower consumers to lead healthier lives. We explore how familiar experiences can be enhanced and innovations developed through the integration of leading-edge technology, science, and design. Come join us as we build a best-in-class global multi-disciplinary team across artificial intelligence, machine learning, design, advanced software and hardware engineering, strategy, venture investments, sales, marketing, and partnerships.
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer passionate about designing and developing beautifully engaging experiences within digital health. The candidate should be a highly creative designer who can deliver leading-edge UX experiences that challenge current conventions. The ideal candidate has a successful track record as a UX design leader with exceptionally creative vision, elegant visual languages and leads their execution across a broad range of digital and physical products.
In your role as Lead UX Designer at Kohler Ventures, you will:
- Establish vital user experience perspectives and bring them to life with tangible and tactile design solutions
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally and through execution.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define customer requirements to achieve product-market fit.
- Support the design and prototyping of UX solutions, applying design thinking and agile approaches to incorporate user feedback and iterate quickly
- "De-risk" and validate critical areas of the product through frequent market feedback (via concept testing, analytics tools, A/B testing, surveys/interviews, etc.)
- Act as the voice of the customer, with deep empathy and understanding of user personas, pain points, aesthetic preferences, and customer journeys
- Maintain current awareness of consumer and competitor product offerings, including best-in-class user experience and design trends in the U.S. and foreign markets
- At least 6+ years of industry experience designing consumer-facing digital apps, consumer or clinical user interfaces, wearables, web, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in a Design discipline (UX Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Product / Industrial Design)
- A portfolio that demonstrates a history of proven expertise in multiple areas of UX design, including strategic research analysis, flows, architecture, journeys, personas, experience maps, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, etc.
- Ability to conduct behavioral analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- A meticulous passion for design with a curiosity to continually develop your thinking
Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Suite and the latest UX/UI prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, ProtoPie, InVision, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience with digital technologies like connected smart home devices and digital health products
- Significant experience communicating and collaborating with internal stakeholders through engaging presentations and compelling storytelling
- Considerable experience within a new product development environment, taking UX experiences from inception to launch
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, abstract reasoning, and idea orientation with a bias towards leading progressive action
- Have a user-centered design philosophy and inspire change through user testing, feedback, and insight synthesis
- Travel as needed
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement.
Take a moment to submit an application on the Kohler website. We have an easy application process that takes approximately 5 min to complete. A professional Portfolio is required for this position.