Lead UX Designer
As a Lead UX designer, your mission will be to champion a user-centered design process throughout the organization. You will be responsible for providing thought leadership, and structured mentorship for our team of UX/UI and Product designers.
This role is critical to the future of OutMatch, as we continue to grow and scale towards market leadership through organic growth and acquisition. To accomplish this, you will work alongside product management, engineering, and science teams to create innovative ideas and turn them into seamless product experiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience using research, data, and design skills to take initially disparate products and evolve them toward a consistent, unified user experience. You’ll have experience working as a team lead collaborating with product managers to define product functionality and translate it into wireframes, prototypes, and products that users love.
What You'll Do:
• Develop and design user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and refined experiences iteratively with a strong foundation in UX, research, and a user-centric mindset
• Partner closely with product managers, engineers, and business users to define, design, and develop products that solve real customer needs, delight our users, and drive business outcomes
• Define KPI’s and a measurement strategy to leverage product analytics, and usability testing to continually reduce friction points in user-journeys and improve the user experience
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design problems within our products
• Be the thought leader, and champion for UX design and user testing, advocating for best practices and establishing guidelines from experience
What You'll Need:
• 5+ years working as a UX or Product Designer with at least 2 years collaborating with other designers
• Experience designing a SaaS platform with complex systems.
• Experience conducting user testing and research
• Experience establishing and analyzing UX metrics
• Proficient in designing layouts, typography, pattern libraries, design systems, web and brand elements, etc.
• Strong communication skills with other product managers and engineers for day to day tasks
• Strong organization skills, and a bias towards detail-oriented communication for a smooth designer-developer handoff
• Experience owning and executing on initiatives with minimal direction (independent, proactive, and "can-do" attitude)
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills
• Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVisionApp, Figma, etc.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
• Experience with responsive web and/or mobile app design
• BONUS: Understanding of best practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
What You'll Get:
• To be part of a high-performing, highly collaborative environment full of people who love what they do and who are dedicated to success
• A culture focused on achieving results and transparent communication
• A solid, experienced management team invested in your development
• The opportunity to build skills and experiences that enable you to be successful quickly while paving the way for career growth
• An executive team dedicated to the safety and well-being of all team members
• Discretionary paid time off...whey you need it, you take it
• Dedicated development and planning time each week
• A world-class platform with an elegant user interface that empowers our clients to positively impact their business results
• A competitive base salary and great incentive program
• Monthly mobile connectivity allowance
• 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
OutMatch is a SaaS company dedicated to matching people with purpose. Our digital hiring platform keeps hiring human, even when it’s done remotely. OutMatch clients assess, interview, evaluate, and stay connected with candidates regardless of location. We were recently recognized on Inc Magazine’s annual 5000 list and named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2020.
We're an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.