About the Role
Do you want to be part of an organization that is passionate about empowering humans across the supply chain ecosystem? Are you looking to influence product development through thoughtful user experiences? Join Turvo’s user experience research and design team.
Our team is looking for a seasoned User Experience (UX) Designer to lead end-to-end design. We are building a platform that connects shippers, brokers, and carriers and provides tools and technology to make their lives easier.
This is a remote position based in the US, open to candidate authorized to work in the US. The successful candidate will work from home.
• Lead the design of useful, usable, and engaging products within a collaborative setting;
• Be an expert at understanding end users problems and needs through research;
• Approach user research through multiple channels such as stakeholder expertise, customer interactions and feedback, and market data;
• Use design-thinking methodologies to translate abstract ideas into sketches, workflows, and prototypes;
• Design user interfaces that are simple, usable, and useful;
• Build and scale a design system that upholds accessibility, is sustainable, and technically feasible;
• Mentor junior designers, build relationships, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams;
• Improve designs iteratively through usability testing and feedback;
• Be outcome driven; use data and analytics and customer feedback to improve products;
• This is a senior-level individual contributor role.
• 8+ years experience designing SaaS products for web and mobile;
• Bachelors or Masters in a design discipline such as Interaction Design, HCI or Product Design;
• Have at least 2 to 3 case studies / portfolio samples that highlight the business problem, the outcome, your role, and resulting design artifacts. These can be on your website or sent electronically as a PDF or slide deck.
• Experience as a senior or lead designer on cross functional teams of other designers, product managers, engineers, and across other departments;
• Experience aligning business goals with design objectives to deliver a world-class user experience;
• Experienced at initiating design discussions with strong storytelling and presentation skills;
• Experience running design workshops and whiteboard sessions to map user journeys, problems, and opportunities;
• Adept at sketching and white boarding; create low and high fidelity design prototypes;
• Adept at translating abstract ideas into high-level designs that help set the vision; help break high-level vision into incremental product development;
• Thrive on accountability, autonomy, ability to lead by empathy;
• Familiarity with the logistics industry is desirable, but not required;
• Have used design and productivity tools like Miro, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Confluence, JIRA.
Perks & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• 401K plan with matching
• Medical, dental, & vision insurance
• Unlimited PTO & paid holidays
• Flexible work hours
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to make hiring decisions that reflect our commitment to diversity and inclusion.