DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you’re at the right place.
We are seeking a high energy public relations professional with a passion for building brands to join an ambitious team that is transforming the model of marketing communications in the A/E/C industry. The Media Relations Leader will lead the media relations strategy for the DLR Group design brand to engage and build relationships with media and design industry influencers.
• New York
• Washington, D.C.
The Media Relations Leader will collaborate with executive and senior firm leaders and design discipline leaders to tell the stories of DLR Group’s integrated design expertise and establish our design professionals as influencers across all media channels.
You will proactively and reactively engage with journalists, media outlets, and industry influencers to articulate and raise awareness of the DLR Group design brand. This role is responsible for owning the relationship with design trades, digital design portals, and broader news and consumer media to publicize our design, our people, and their ideas. The Media Relations Leader will mentor a team of sector media managers who promote DLR Group’s integrated design expertise with targeted client vertical and local media contacts and outlets.
The Successful Candidate:
- Demonstrates positive leadership behaviors that inspire confidence with a passion for coaching, mentoring, and enhancing the professional development of team members
- Develops an annual communications plan and budget with measurable objectives and KPIs to gauge the effectiveness of media relations programs
- Establishes a high bar for sharp ideas, flawless execution, and measurable results from all team members
- Is a strategic thinker with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complex issues in clear, concise communications
- Is a creative person who can think on their feet beyond the traditional approach of PR and exploit opportunities within new media
- Is confident in counseling senior executives in a dispersed executive structure
- Can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in integrated marketing communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- An understanding of design trends and relationships with journalists/commentators/critics covering design, architecture, engineering, and interiors at design, client vertical trade, and national consumer/news media
- Proficient with MuckRack and/or other media engagement SAS platforms
- Proven success in creating and executing high profile communication initiatives with a clear understanding of ROI, analytics, and success metrics for PR
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster relationships and navigate cross-functionally across different firm units and with outside partners
- Keen understanding of integrating marketing tactics with traditional and social media as part of communications campaigns to attract, engage, convert, and retain talent and clients
- Stellar written and verbal communication, with an impeccable attention to detail
- Minimum of seven years of experience leading strategic media relations programs in an agency or for a professional services enterprise
- Strong consulting skills and the ability to help leaders understand how media relations fits into larger communications and marketing plan
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at LinkedIn.
We are an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.