Who is The One Club For Creativity?
The One Club for Creativity (TOCC) is the leading Global Creative Community for advertising, design and interactive professionals. Our mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. We celebrate creativity through multiple award shows and, as a non-profit, we are dedicated to bettering the industry with our programming in Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality and Creative Development.
Who are our employees?
At The One Club for Creativity we help creatives through every stage of their careers. Beginning with our Saturday Career Workshops aimed at High School students to our Young Ones Competition for students enrolled in colleges and universities around the world, we provide education and opportunities for young, aspiring creatives. Throughout their careers, we continue to offer professional development through conferences, workshops, presentations, and courses. We also help creatives and creative hopefuls through our Gender Equality and Inclusion and Diversity programs to develop the necessary skills and insights to advance in their careers. We are a purpose-driven organization that doesn’t just talk about change, but acts on it.
We are also a company that believes in a diverse culture of different experiences and backgrounds. We believe that our diversity inspires innovation and collaboration and solutions that have a real-world impact for our industry.
Who You Are
In conjunction with the awards and programming mentioned above, The One Club also maintains a global collection of advertising agencies, brands, schools, and individuals who choose to be ongoing Members of our organization. We are searching for someone to join our team as a full-time Membership Director to help establish, maintain and strengthen our relationships with corporate members through various initiatives.
In conjunction with the Membership Manager, the Membership Director will:
• Help find new Corporate Members through targeted outreach.
• Manage and maintain reports on our Members via our various databases.
• Help create and improve upon benefits for our Members and work towards fulfilling them.
• Liaison between our Corporate Members and our various departments. This includes working with our Events team to help facilitate involvement with our various events (both as attendees and as active participants), and our Awards teams to assist in developing various awards juries.
• Work alongside our Events team in the implementation of existing Member-centric events such as Portfolio Night and our Mentor & Creative series.
• Help update the Membership section of The One Club website as necessary
• Participate and help organize in-person and virtual events for members including Portfolio Night and Mentor and Creative series
• Act as a liaison between The One Club and our worldwide chapters, help promote local events, and update online events listings.
Now not just anybody can step into this role. To be an effective Corporate Membership Manager, you must:
• Demonstrate maturity and sound judgment, ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various data-driven projects
• Self-motivated with outstanding organizational and outstanding writing skills with a proven track record at meeting/exceeding deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively and motivate colleagues and members
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Membership, preferably in a management capacity at a nonprofit organization in the New York market
• Must have a solid understanding of how to build communities both offline and online and keep them engaged through digital platforms
• Strong networking skills, and experience approaching business professionals and soliciting support
• Fundraising experience is a plus
• Ability to manage budgets and create organized expense and year-end financial reports
• Experience developing successful marketing collateral with specific targeted audiences
• Ability to work collaboratively with lean staff in a high-energy, team-oriented environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, database spreadsheets and web-based prospect research preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
What makes you stand out?
• Resonate with The One Club For Creativity mission.
• Dedicated to high ethical standards, highly trustworthy, and has high integrity.
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced, hard-working team.
• Possess positive energy, a sense of humor, and a can-do attitude.
• Resourceful and ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Attention to detail and professionalism are a must.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS: Hybrid work environment, generous annual and sick leave, federal holidays, paid vacation, summer hours, employee discounts.