MKG is looking for a talented and versatile Mid-level Graphic Designer to join our Design team.
As a creative agency specializing in brand action, each project we take on is totally different from the next. With that, graphic scopes encompass a wide range of 2D needs — both digital and physical. The right candidate will demonstrate excitement for working across a variety of execution types as well as a persistent curiosity of new mediums and methods to try.
The Graphic Designer will work both independently and collaboratively (alongside both 2D and 3D designers) at varying capacities: leading projects individually, leading projects in partnership with a teammate or supporting portions of projects a teammate is leading.
*Note: This position is remote for the time being with expectation that the position will be in LA when offices re-open late November.
- Development of original identity systems and/or overall graphic art direction for new campaigns or experiential properties
- Creation of all print and digital graphics for campaigns or live events. Graphics could include: social and web assets, printed assets, environmental graphics, signage and wayfinding, branded swag, packaging, digital interfaces, micro-sites, video assets, and more.
- Proposal deck design
- Generation of internal marketing materials.
- Work directly with vendors and partners to see work through production phase (ex: printing companies, developers)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a proven track record of creative execution with 2-5 years experience
- Demonstrate super strong graphic/typography skills and a keen design eye
- Have experience in both building original brand identities and tightly following existing brand guidelines
- Demonstrate a passion for staying on top/ahead of design trends and culture
- Be confident and articulate in presenting work (internally and externally)
- Speak up and offer perspectives that further push the work
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and manage several projects with various deadlines at any given time
- Have diligent follow-through on every task assigned
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Be a self-starter and act proactively
- Possess at least some working knowledge of print processes
- Possess at least some working knowledge of digital media
- Have stellar people & communication skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate skills in the area of illustration (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Have knowledge or experience in simple animations/motion graphics (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Have knowledge or experience in web/UX/UI design (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Degree in Graphic/Communications Design AND/OR have the ability to demonstrate robust experience working in the field (formal college education/degree not required)
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Google Workplace
- Working knowledge of Google Slides and/or Powerpoint is a plus
- Knowledge of Wordpress, Invision, Sketch, Webflow, Figma or other digital software/platforms is a big plus!
- Knowledge of AfterEffects or other animation/video editing software is a big plus!
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include links to examples of your work/portfolio.