The medical and life sciences sector is our fastest growing sector and as a result we are looking to significantly grow our team here in Dublin.
If you are interested in working across multiple medical sectors, from surgical to implantable, wearable to diagnostic, urology to respiratory, drug delivery to control systems, homecare to lifestyle, then this opportunity is for you.
We are a team where design is at the core of who we are, not just the job that we do.
Passionate about excellence and driven by the diversity of experience and global exposure to different clients at different stages of the development process. You would never say that working here is boring.
We have just completed our new 2022 strategy which has a significant focus on the development of our team. We are not a multinational company, we are a small dynamic agency with significant growth in our sights.
Working in Dolmen means that:
- You will have a dedicated line manager/director to report to and manage your career
- In house ‘masterclass’ training
- External training when required/planned
- Regular performance reviews and targets
- Your own dedicated desk, computer, phone and mobile phone
- Weekly team fruit boxes (and probably too many biscuits!), boundless tea, the occasional icecream and pizza (and guaranteed 99's when on the road) and a very fancy coffee machine
- Quarterly offsite team days (where we share our work and attempt to outdo the last team activity challenge, past challenges include 4x4 driving, surfing, clay pigeon shooting, crystal maze, zip lining, tree climbing, beer tasting)
- Annual family BBQ (because our families matter to us)
- Annual Christmas party (with the now hugely important ‘DIY Kris Kindle’)
- You get to (sort of) have some control on what plays through the studio Sonos system (perhaps no gabba techno, but we are generally open to diverse musical tastes!)
- A bloomin’ great bunch of people to work with who are incredibly collaborative and generous with their time
We are based in the exciting Dublin IoT hub that is DCU Alpha, in the heart of Glasnevin, a literal 5min walk (door to gate) to the Botanic Gardens. Plenty of car parking, secure bike parking, onsite fitness classes, onsite social events (beer+pizza nights), 2 onsite café’s (and plenty more in the area), reduced price membership to the DCU gym (full gym, 25m pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi), free monthly bike servicing, regular cross-company networking events with free lunches… interested yet?
Have a look at the profile below, if you think the job description and company description is for you, get in touch! If you are female and think that the company is for you but that the job description is not 100% you PLEASE APPLY!!!!
Studies have shown that men apply for jobs when they are 60% confident but women only apply when they are close to 100% confident.
Lets knock that on the head. We need the right people to join our team, male or female, and in order to get that we need to hear from you, so just apply!
Send your CV and PORTFOLIO (the most important thing) to email@example.com with ‘Medical Team’ in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Description: Senior Medical Device Designer
Typical day to day job activities for our designers include:
- Working with the senior creative team to interpret client requirements while developing innovative new product propositions using a range of ideation techniques.
- Developing engaging concept visuals using a combination of traditional sketching, soft modelling and high end digital visualisation tools.
- Accompanying the senior team to client presentations and project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service during all client contact.
- Following through on selected design concepts by using 3D CAD tools to develop models, test rigs and fully working prototypes.
- Working with clients and supply chain partners to ensure design intent is maintained throughout the process as successful product concepts are transitioned through to production.
- Recognised degree level qualification in either Industrial, Product or Medical Device Design.
- 3 - 5 years years medical product development experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO13485
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and in person.
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively through fast, fluid sketching.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D design and visualisation software. Preferably including experience in the use of Creo/SolidWorks and Keyshot.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- An enquiring mind with an analytical approach to problem solving and an ability to visualise simple solutions to complex problems.
- A solid understanding of how things work, with an obsessive desire to make things work better.