Yjm Apparel Group is a leading design house located in the NYCs garment district. We are seeking a mid level graphics designer . Emplyee will be accountable for developing seasonal product that drives growth & adheres to the brand’s DNA. This position will manage product development from initial concept through production phases.
This role should continuously deliver and uphold the brand aesthetic, while also evolving with our client’s needs and industry trends. As a key liaison with Merchandising, the ideal candidate will have strong technical design, presentation, organizational, and management skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work closely with Creative Director and other Design Directors to come up with seasonal color, concept, and key item decks quarterly
· Oversee the product execution for each season from concept, through development, and into production and build compelling assortments with an appropriate balance of risk, testing new ideas, and elevated offering
· Partner closely with Merchandising Director to adhere to line plans, deliverables, and evolving sales needs
· Develop product presentations for sales appointments
· Communicate with overseas offices to execute accurate, attractive, on calendar sampling
· Stay informed and ahead of competitive landscape and industry trends and translate for the brand.
· Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility
· Consistently shop marketplace, our competitive set and for inspiration and product opportunities
· Adhere to time and action calendar
· Able to create tech packs and flat Adobe Illustrator sketches with complete competency and be able to train staff
· Oversee re-occurring meetings such as: fit, spec pass-off, sample development and tear review”
· Mentor and develop team in all aspects of design – sketches, tech packs, construction details, approvals, etc.
· Partner with cross- functional Managers to overcome obstacles and constantly strive for efficiency in processes
· Provide a positive and challenging work environment
· Inspire team to continuously present new and innovative ideas
· Able to adapt to an ever changing environment and lead the team seamlessly through obstacles
· Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
· Partner with Merchandiser to ensure that assortment reflects concept direction, SKU plan & styling needs
· Work closely with technical team to guide and correct fit samples
· Make decisions on production issues when they arise
· Shop market for trending fabric and trim and work with fabric team on development, execution, and price engineering
•Apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience
•5-6 years of related product design and development experience
•Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category
•Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and photoshop programs
•Extremely detail oriented and organized
•Strong communication skills
•Korean language (not a must)Responsibilities
•Research fast fashion trends and adapt to our target market
•Understanding construction, silhouette, measurements, flat technical drawings
•Create and design garments reflecting business strategies
•Manage the product development from design concept to Pre-Production sample approval
•Creating the Production artwork and Tech-Packs for the appropriate supplier
•Receive PP samples from vendors to take measurements and ensure they are production ready
•Communicate and follow up with factories and team members on product development design details
•PTO is 10 days extra per year
•Insurance benefits are offered and salary range is from $65K-$90K
YJM Apparel Group is a leading mens and ladies apparel manufacturer. The company prides itself on a strong work culture, customer service and honesty. Our team is made up strong individuals who together make up an amazing team. Our deisgn team is looking for a strong and dynmaic individul with a strong work ethic and one that works hard and smart. The senior design role is an integral part of our team. Please see below responsibilites and qualifications. Responsibilities: Research fast fashion trends and adapt to our target market Understanding construction, silhouette, measurements, flat technical drawings. Create and design garments reflecting business strategies Manage the product development from design concept to Pre-Production sample approval Creating the Production artwork and Tech-Packs for the appropriate supplier Receive PP samples from vendors to take measurements and ensure they are production ready. Communicate and follow up with factories and team members on product development design details Qualifications: Apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience. 5-6 years of related product design and development experience. Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and photoshop programs Extremely detail oriented and organized Strong communication skills Korean language (not a must) This is a in office opportunity. Employees are off 8 days this year for Jewish holidays and 7 days for national holidays. PTO is 10 days extra per year. Insurance benefits are offered and salary range is from $65K-$90K. Please send your resume and your 2 interviewing times that work. Thank you!