DesignThink is a full-service product development group looking for a highly creative and talented mechanical engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is looking to be a part of a fun and dynamic team. We are located just outside of Philadelphia PA and are currently seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about all things engineering and converting “what-if” concepts into working and useful solutions that help shape the future, we are interested in hearing from you.
Applicants should have a passion for creating new ideas and trying to figure out “what’s next?” Must be super creative and comfortable working in all stages of product development. This position will be focused on up front early conceptualization and problem solving. Your creativity, drive, and passion for bringing products and experiences to life will be essential to your position. Within your role you will be expected to collaborate with clients, other engineers, industrial designers, human factors / usability specialists, researchers, management, and outside resources. If you are self-motivated, creative, and looking to work with a fun, but focused, group in a strong team environment, we’d like to hear from you! Please send resume and portfolio / examples of your work to Jobs@designthinkstudios.com
[Sense of humor and willingness to step up your foosball game are pluses].
• Clearly and effectively articulate ideas, professional opinions, and recommendations to clients and internal multi-disciplinary teams.
• Contribute a creative outlook to bring exciting innovative solutions into each project.
• Ability to communicate ideas quickly and effectively through a variety of media including verbal articulation, hand-sketching and study models.
• Construction of robust 3D models.
• Design and troubleshooting of complex mechanism-based assemblies.
• Strong 3D surface modeling skills to faithfully document complex geometry.
• Understanding and empathy for the final user experience.
• Self-motivated commitment to solving complex problems in an expedient timeframe.
• Lead and manage others to complete a project.
• Simultaneously work on multiple projects within a variety of industries balancing time management effectively.
Position Details and Requirements:
• You will report to the VP of Industrial Design and will interact with DesignThink team members from Industrial Design, Engineering and Usability as well as directly with clients.
• Must be an advanced user of Solidworks. Experience with Pro/E a plus.
• Must have advanced skills with 3D surfacing and top-down modeling.
• Experience designing mechanisms required.
• Experience with injection molding required.
• Ideal applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Must have portfolio of past projects that showcases a thoughtful creative process.
• The position is full-time and salary will align with your experience and skill.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.