Packaging Project Manager
The candidate must be dynamic and will be driven, creative, entrepreneurial, disciplined, and possess the ability to think “outside the box.” We are a rapidly growing company specializing in packaging design and manufacturing. The Uneka Concept culture is built on creativity and advancement. This is a good fit if you like a challenge and want to be rewarded for it.
The Project Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining strong client relations. This position works closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the creative team has the information and resources required to meet customer expectations. Must be a strong verbal and written communicator, detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have the ability to develop a clear understanding of the creative process as it pertains to packaging development and production.
• Customer Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and problem-solve to find creative solutions to meet customer expectations.
• Supplier Relations and Order Management: Source product, negotiate pricing, and process orders to ensure on-time delivery.
• Project Management: Drive planning and execution of multiple designs and packaging projects. Manage all internal aspects of customer accounts and coordinate with customers, sales, and design to understand and communicate project requirements. Build and maintain project timelines. Communicate project issues to management timely with the active contribution of mitigation opportunities and solutions. Coordinate pre-press, production, and print quality management with vendors and Uneka China partners. Develop strong and trusting relationships with cross-function teams, vendors, and customers.
• Reporting: Prepare status reports for management that communicate project scope, schedule, forecasts, and risks. Work closely with finance to provide proper documentation to ensure timely billing of all projects.
• 5+ years of project or program management experience. Packaging, printing, manufacturing, or other packaging industry experience required.
• Proficient in building and maintaining timelines and schedules
• Good understanding of and ability to build cost models
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
• Extremely strong organizational skills, follow-up skills, attention to detail, and time management
• Proactive and self-directed individual with an inquisitive nature and a strong aptitude to solve problems
• Great communication skills, ability to relate well with all levels of the organization
• Strong work ethic with a positive "can-do" attitude and one who takes pride in the quality of their work
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in packaging or business-related discipline
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Please send a cover letter and resume.