The Photo + Retouching Specialist is responsible for the creation / manipulation of product imagery for web and print within the marketing division of Bernhardt Design. This role involves high volume organizing, processing, compositing, color correcting and editing images for the Bernhardt Design brand.
This position may require additional functions as assigned and directed by the Brand + Marketing Manager relating to any general or specific marketing activities.
• Experience in studio photography setup and operation of cameras, accessories and lighting
• Sustain knowledge of advanced studio photography principles
• Post-production processing and manipulation of studio and environmental product photography that maintains consistency with the established Bernhardt Design brand
• Exhibit a familiarity with imagery for both digital and print applications
• Composite imagery from multiple captures / brackets
• Retouch imagery including removing flaws, product manipulations, color corrections, background extensions, model edits, etc.
• Create flexible and organized working files that include complex layers, groups, masks, etc.
• Maintain a collaborative workflow including photo organization and use of a digital asset management software
• Adhere to and maintain consistency with the brand + marketing strategy as determined by the Director of Marketing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate level retouching specialist to work effectively on-site in a fast paced, ever-changing, multi-disciplinary collaborative environment.
Exhibit proficiency in:
• Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom*
• Capture One
• Digital Asset Management Systems (e.g. Flight by Canto)
• MS Office
*A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator is also preferred.
Qualified candidates are asked to present a resume and portfolio of previous work showcasing their retouching process resulting in photo realistic artwork. At least one example of a PSD file showcasing a nondestructive file structure is also required. A skillset screening exercise may be requested prior to interview.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.