Lutron Electronics has an immediate opening for a Principal Design Engineer within our Industrial Design team at our corporate headquarters in Coopersburg, PA.?In this position, you would be a key product design leader creating new product concepts, working closely with engineering, marketing, sales and the businesses to create the next generation of innovative lighting control solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to blend technology and design, clearly express their ideas, provide direction and leadership to the design team, take direction from senior leadership and partner with cross functional departments on strategy and execution.
- Blend Engineering, Technology and Design to create world class innovative lighting solutions
that delight customers
- Manage resource allocation, overall projects and project schedules
- Collaborate cross functionally across the entire company having a close connection with the
businesses, engineering, product management, marketing and displays/demo team.
- Manage the creative process of product design.
- Execute models and prototypes to enable fast iteration and learning that ultimately create to
world class product solutions that drive Lutron's business and delight our customers
- On board new processes, tools and technology to improve the quality and speed of the
- Research future technologies that we can utilize to innovate new product concepts
- Benchmark creative and design processes and competition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design, ideally both. Minimum GPA of
- Minimum of 10 years of experience ideally within mechanical engineering
- Experience in Industrial design
- Passion for Innovative design with strong technical capability
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing, consumer electronics and quality systems is a plus?
- Experience in high reliability product design, consumer electronics and manufacturing are a plus
Lutron is a design-driven technology company with a history of industry-disrupting innovation.??Our position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has allowed the company to continue to invest in?finding?and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and processes that?drive the creation of new or better products, solutions,?and services.?
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities.??
For more information, view our website at ?www.lutron.com.??Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics