Role is Hybrid. 3 days per week in office/2 days remote.
As a modern beverage company, Keurig Dr. Pepper (NASDAQ: KDP) was the first to bring hot and cold beverages together at scale. We are building on our position as the innovation leader in appliances to deliver the next generation of Keurig® machines to brew the love for our consumers and customers. Our Keurig® appliances implement advanced technology to bring our consumers a consistently perfect cup and we’re on a journey to engineer an even better cup of coffee while bringing our consumers the most simple and exceptional beverage experience yet. As part of our Appliance Global Product Organization, you will be at the heart of a team that is transforming our iconic brand for the next era.
Keurig Dr Pepper is looking for a Principal Designer who wants to define the products and experiences that will form the future of the Keurig brand. This individual will bring curiosity, empathy, creativity and strategic skills to bear in service of solving complex business challenges. The role entails leading the design and research process across a variety of programs to help shape the future product design and experience strategy of the Keurig brand.
We’re looking for a seasoned design leader who has significant experience across a variety of design disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Experience and Product Strategy
- User Experience Design
- Industrial Design
- Human Factors and User Research
This individual will lead a variety of design projects that will typically fall into one of three categories:
-Physical/Digital Product Design: Develop the design intent for specific digital and physical products, in partnership with product management, engineering and other consumer design team members.
- Strategic Design Systems: Create and evolve physical and digital design systems such as: visual brand language, color/material/finish strategy, consumer journey maps, user experience design patterns, etc.
- Front End Innovation: Serve as the design expert in our cross-functional front-end innovation process with the goal of defining the future of our product line.
What you’ll bring to the table:
-Strategic Acumen: Ability to decompose problems and simplify complexity. Able to rally a multidisciplinary team around shared goals and solve problems in service of the Keurig consumer.
- Design Management: Extensive experience scoping, selecting and managing external design agencies, while serving as the internal point of coordination across product development and front-end innovation teams.
- Creativity: Not just in the traditional aesthetic sense (which is certainly important), but also in problem solving, design thinking, and consumer-focused innovation.
- Development Orientation: Knows how products are developed and make it to market. Expertise in physical and digital product development processes and how design plugs into the process. Knowledge of Lean and Agile concepts as they apply to both software and hardware development.
- Design Economics: In-depth understanding of the economics of design and how design creates value for the enterprise. Including an ability to deliver an exceptional product experience within budgetary and product-cost constraints.
- Bias Towards Action: Knows how to get things done, and able to make difficult decisions with limited or incomplete information
Successful candidates will have experience across following industries and domains:
- Durable Consumer Products
- Internet of Things Enabled Products
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Front-End Innovation Processes
- 9+ Years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 7+ Years of experience with a graduate degree in design and/or business-related disciplines.
- Ideal candidates will have some degree of experience in an agency/consulting and in-house setting.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate an organizational matrix and influence without authority.
- We’re looking for a ‘go-getter’ with extraordinary people skills who is also a team player.
- Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate that ability to balance big-picture visionary thinking with the reality of near-term product development needs.
- Ideal candidates will have experience managing direct reports