This job can be performed primarily remotely, however, designers will need to be on-site in Easton, PA weekly and more often as needed upon request for meetings/collaboration.
MCS product designers are responsible for seeing the development of product through from initial ideation to final production. This includes market research, product renders, production specs as well as full sample reviews throughout the process.
Product designers at MCS should have knowledge of the home décor industry with an excellent sense of Design/Trends. A clear understanding of basic production processes is preferred. Time management. Great people skills.Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD or alternate modeling software. Excellent concept-generating ability. Must possess an ability to understand current home fashion and consumer buying trends and how to translate into successful product solutions.
· Support the creative strategy of MCS customers as well as MCS driven initiatives, maintain the integrity of design and ensure that deliverables are completed on time
· Develop and execute a creative strategy for new product lines for the home décor industry.
· Contribute to innovative thinking in both products brought to market as well as problem solving in the development process.
· Communication of concept through sketching and rendering, developing construction details and executing technical specs.
· Ability to clearly communicate with domestic and overseas manufacturers on design issues and materials as they relate to product design through verbal and written communication and detailed drawings.
· Provide support to sales as a design consultant at major presentations as needed
· Requires constant observance and research of changing trends and new product development in domestic and global markets, through consumer and trade publications including mail order retailers, internet research, shopping the market, design and trade shows.
· Provide company with perspective on changing design trends in domestic and global markets.
· Attend design and trade shows to aid in trend and market analysis and sourcing.
The Product Designer must be able to communicate effectively when dealing with other associates, supervisors, managers and customers. This includes daily communication with co-workers and suppliers as well as presentation skills with customers and executive staff.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Product Design or Industrial Design, with experience in consumer product industry or equivalent design expertise is required. Ideally the right candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a product design position.
Please include salary requirements when sending resume and portfolio.