The Learning Journey International is seeking a well-rounded, creative, passionate and talented Product/Industrial Designer who can contribute to our diverse, cross functional team. As a well-established, leading toy manufacturer, we deliver a broad range of educational products, youth electronics and construction sets that are recognized and appreciated around the world.
The individual will assist the Creative Director and be responsible for the design and development of new products, as well as researching and defining new product opportunities. Knowledge and understanding of current technology and toy trends is a plus to this position. From concepts to prototypes, building instructions and materials, the individual will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team while supporting other team members to ensure design intent and integrity is maintained throughout all stages of product development.
Skills and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in design is required, any advanced degree would be beneficial.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a product design and development environment.
• Must have working level knowledge of 3D modeling software (Rhino a plus).
• Computer knowledge of Windows, Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Be strategic and hands on.
• Strong affinity with color, material, finish and form.
• Self-motivated and excellent management of time and goals.
• Smokers need not apply.
• COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
• Must love toys!
The Learning Journey offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary structure and a great benefits program.
All applicants must submit any PDFs, JPEGs or URL of work samples. Include a PDF of your resume as well as salary history. Local candidates only. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.