Scholastic Inc. is looking for a production designer to join an art department in its trade division. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone passionate about reading who would value the opportunity to contribute to the publishing of picture books, readers, and graphic novels on a global scale. The production designer will sit in-house at Scholastic's headquarters building in SoHo with a six month, renewable, temporary contract.
• Alter mechanicals for reprints.
• Alter mechanicals for outside purchases.
• Build pre-layouts for new titles.
• Scan and reconcile edits for illustrators.
• Prepare mechanicals for release.
• Light scheduling support.
• Light project tracking support.
• Liaison with production and manufacturing.
• Spectacular communication skills.
• Meticulously organized.
• The ability to attend to details while multitasking.
• The ability to take direction yet maintain intuition.
• A collaborative approach to file/folder structures.
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite.
• An end-to-end understanding of the book production process.
• Experience with Google Docs is a plus.
• Experience in children’s book publishing is a plus.
Please include your resume and a brief statement of interest.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.