Innovative. Cosmopolitan. Responsible.
With 5,800 students in the areas of business and technology and a staff of 600, we are engaged in shaping the future. The driving force behind what we do is the success we achieve with our practice-oriented teaching, applied research and academic executive education programmes.
As a University of Applied Sciences, we provide you with opportunities for personal and professional development, as well as giving you the chance to contribute your ideas within a creative and innovative working environment. As a family-friendly institution we also support you in combining career and family. Make the most of this opportunity and join us in taking our university forward into the future.
We are seeking to fill the following vacancy at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science as soon as possible:
Professorship for Interaction Design (m/f/d)
(Ref. no. Pr-03/IxDA/02, salary grade W2)
Your tasks mainly include the following:
- Representing “Interaction Design” and related fields in English and/or German
- Teaching mandatory basic courses and compulsory courses in the field of interaction design in study programs at the faculty of electrical engineering and computer science
- Academic self-administration of the faculty
- Support and further development of the laboratories associated with the subject area
- Use of digital media to establish and visualise curriculum content
In addition, the applicant will be expected to actively support application-oriented research in the relevant subject area as well as contributing to selected executive education degree programs.
- Relevant experience in the areas of interaction design and usability engineering with additional competence in the implementation of human-machine interfaces
- Professional competence in the application of design tools for interaction design (e.g. Unity, relevant frameworks, prototyping platforms, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Ideally additional special skills in the field of interactive technologies, e.g. game design with Unity or multimodal interaction (audio-visual, haptic, olfactory, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and a desire to advance the subject area as well as the university in general
- Excellent mastery of English and a strong commitment to learn German
See the link to our homepage below for recruitment requirements and further details: http://www.thi.de/karriere.html. The university promotes the professional equality of women and strives to increase the proportion of women, especially in the scientific field. Women are therefore expressly invited to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if their aptitude, qualifications and professional performance are otherwise essentially the same (cf. No. 4.4.2 of the Participation Guidelines (Teilhaberichtlinien – TeilR)).
If we have aroused your interest, please send your full application with evidence of your career and scientific work quoting the reference number by no later than 06.09.2019 to:
President of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, Postfach 21 04 54, 85019 Ingolstadt
We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on the professorship and the application process: In the case of subject-related questions:
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Prof. Andreas Riener, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 0841/9348-2883