About the role:
If you’re a creative thinker, love to build stuff, and have a passion for crafting compelling artifacts, keep on reading! As a Professor in Interaction Design, you:
- Are responsible for specific course modules including designing the content of learning experiences, expanding on and managing a pool of freelance external lecturers and assessing students
- Create learning experiences that impart the knowledge and skills of your field in a project-centered way, which is the core of CODE.
- Inspire students and challenge them in their daily practice
- Work together with faculty from other departments to improve the learning experience for students at CODE
- Are an active part of the university's self-organization
- Contribute to building the CODE Research department and help shape what academic research at CODE looks like
- Take ownership of university admin tasks and academic committees
- Love to work closely together and design interdisciplinary learning experiences/formats with other study programs (Software Engineering and Product Management)
- 3+ years of industry experience in the field of Interaction Design outside of a University with a focus on creative technology (e.g., physical computing, creative coding, etc.)
- Ph.D. in the field of design
- You have teaching experience in higher education
- You are a team player
- You know the difference between ‘good’ and ‘great’ design
- You love to craft digital and physical
- You care about the details as much as about the big picture
- You learn on the edges of your field and continuously broaden your ‘T’
- You have the stamina to work in a 3-year-old university where things are changing at a fast pace
All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution to each project submitted. Please indicate your contribution and approach in previous teaching positions.
About Working At CODE
CODE’s atmosphere is creative and dynamic with an international team in the heart of Berlin. We value your strengths and will support you with your professional development as well as a fair compensation and some fun additions. Most importantly, joining CODE means being a part of a passionate team who is shaping the future of higher education.
CODE values different perspectives and is committed to a respectful and inclusive work environment and encourages people of all genders, backgrounds, and origins to apply.
All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process.
Please indicate your role and contribution to each project submitted.
Please indicate your contribution and approach in previous teaching positions.