Are you a creative and community-minded individual passionate about design and typography? Do you excel at bringing people together, both online and in person, to share their love for design and typography? If so, the Type Directors Club has an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic team as a Program Manager at the TDC.
1. Project Management:
Work with the Executive Director to help manage and oversee various programs, including the prestigious TDC Annual Competition, Ascenders, celebrating up-and-coming creatives, our global Type Drives Culture conference and membership events.
Coordinate with other departments, including events, design, web, and social media, to gather and coordinate assets, timelines, and content for TDC events.
2. Marketing and Outreach:
Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute community-focused marketing strategies and grow our membership base.
Manage contacts and actively engage with the TDC community online and in person.
Provide editorial with copy to help promote and engage events and programs through e-mail marketing.
3. Event Support:
Work closely with the events team to promote and assist with TDC events on-site and virtually, including exhibitions, lectures, and workshops.
Engage with TDC members and the design community to ensure successful event experiences, encouraging participation and feedback.
4. Educational Initiatives:
Support the development of educational content and resources related to typography and type design tailored to the needs and interests of the community.
Collaborate on initiatives that elevate typographic knowledge and appreciation.
• Must have a passion for and experience with graphic design and typography
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• A minimum of 3+ years of experience managing programs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both online and in person.
• Proven experience in community building and engagement, either within the design industry or related fields.
• Familiarity with social media, online forums, and community management tools
• Computer savvy and comfortable with CRMs like Hubspot and CMS platforms
• Strong project management and organizational abilities
• Enthusiasm for connecting with people and a commitment to building a vibrant design community
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with problem-solving skills
• Able to work on-site from our New York office 2 days a week and evenings when TDC events are taking place
Why Join TDC:
Collaborate with a passionate and creative team dedicated to typography and design.
Gain exposure to leading professionals and organizations in the design industry.
Contribute to educational initiatives and make a meaningful impact on the design community.
Work in a dynamic and inspiring environment in the heart of New York City.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about building and nurturing a design community, both online and in person, and if you're ready to make a positive impact on the world of typography, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your passion for fostering design connections, and any relevant examples of your community engagement work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
$75,000 + benefits, which include health, dental, vision insurance, and generous vacation.