Project Designer / Project Architect
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit-sharing.
We are seeking a new Project Designer/Project Architect for our Austin or Houston office. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in larger projects such as single family residential and small to medium sized commercial developments.
Responsibilities to include:
• Design of projects on a variety of scales
• Coordinate and oversee project teams including multiple consultants
• Preparation of construction documents, specifications, and oversight of construction administration
• Technical leadership in hospitality project types
• Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
• Collaboration on project design, construction documents and construction administration
• Consultant coordination
• Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
• Quality control and document review
• Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
Skills and Education required:
• Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
• Demonstrated design skills
• Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
• Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
• Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
• Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in design & construction documents of single family residential and commercial projects in Austin
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
• Registered Architect strongly preferred
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.