To be the World's Most Loved Children's Brand, we need the best people to join our team! Radio Flyer holds a special place in people's hearts. Radio Flyer transports people to a happy time, to the best parts of childhood, a time when anything was possible. For over 100 years, our company has produced innovative toys that inspire active play, bring smiles, and create warm memories that last a lifetime. Beyond our classic Little Red Wagon, Radio Flyer invents and designs some of the most recognizable tricycles, ride-on, scooters and battery-operated vehicles in the industry.
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace and received numerous awards such as, Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Entrepreneur and CultureIQ’s Top Company Culture, Wall Street Journal’s Top Small Workplaces, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and Crain’s Best Places to Work. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, headquartered in Chicago and led by Robert Pasin, grandson of the company founder.
We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration, and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth. At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people's lives, they will feel FUNomenal!”
The Prototype Shop Manager position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company. Working with the Product Development team you will create and build outstanding mockups, prototypes, and proof-of-concept models to fuel the development of innovative ride-ons.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage the prototype shop and the fabrication and finishing of all prototypes.
• Build and develop a world-class team and to create and deliver outstanding prototypes.
• Mentor and lead the prototype team, and provide coaching and development.
• Collaborate with Designers and Engineers to brainstorm ideas and solutions to issues.
• Lead the development of prototypes of different levels of finish throughout the entire product development process (rough mock-ups, form studies, ergonomic testing prototypes, and finished sales samples.)
• Manage project timelines, due dates, and budgets.
• Manage overall vendor coordination including vendor relationships and vendor sourcing.
• Package and ship prototypes to ensure safe delivery to and from customer meetings and shows.
• Associates degree or Certificate Program required (Bachelor’s degree preferred), with a concentration in Engineering, Industrial Design, Model Making, or Fine Arts.
• 7+ years experience in a product development or model making environment required.
• CAD/CAM (Surfcam/Solidworks) experience is a plus, but not required.
• Prior experience with consumer products is a strong plus.
• Experience in or working knowledge of consumer product development processes preferred.
• Experience creating models to represent a variety of materials and processes including injection molded, blow-molded and roto-molded plastics, metal fabrication, finishing and painting, 3D printing, fabric construction and wood component assemblies.
• Prior experience in managing a team.
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
•FUNatical Customer Service
•Live with Integrity
•Yes I Can
•Excellence in Everything
•Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
At Radio Flyer, we appreciate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and are a proud equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please apply online at https://blog.radioflyer.com/content/careers-homepage.