You are responsible for planning, scheduling, prioritizing, allocating resources, and driving product development projects through the entire product development lifecycle, including Industrial Design / CMF/ UX/ Packaging Structure & Graphics within the Asia Pacific Design Studio. Outstanding leadership skills, a passion for process, the ability to plan out a calendar, and work with global cross-functional teams will be crucial for this role.
BE YOURSELF. BE OPEN. STAY HUNGRY AND HUMBLE. COLLABORATE. CHALLENGE. DECIDE AND JUST DO. SHARE OUR PASSION FOR EQUALITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT. THESE ARE THE BEHAVIORS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS AT LOGITECH.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Managing and monitoring project or program schedules, progress, and costs to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget
- Allocating project resources with discipline functional managers including:Industrial Design, CMF Design, Consumer Insight , UX Packaging Structure and Graphics
- Creating, maintaining, and updating project plans as needed
- Consolidating, communicating, and driving issue resolutions to closure
- Maintaining and publishing a project dashboard to communicate the status of projects
- Scheduling project kick-off meetings/reviews with stakeholders
- Publishing meeting minutes, action item logs, and updated schedules to track project status
- Providing functional expertise to assess potential schedule risks and operational impact
- Process & drive external vendor SOWs to closure via contract tool in partnership with Design Lead and Legal Partners
- Process POs, forecast costs, and update budget / financial trackers
- Prior experience managing design projects in the Consumer Electronics industry is very helpful.
FOR CONSIDERATION, YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS TO OUR TEAM:
- Be a self-starter and independently manage projects and processes
- Strong leadership, influence, and conflict resolution
- Experience interacting and leading multicultural teams
- Experience with Consumer Goods Product Lifecycle management
- Be an avid learner of new processes and systems
- Connect the dots at a strategic level to support cross-functional teams
- See the big picture and get granular with the details
- Lean in and learn new systems and processes
- Bring an open and curious mindset to everything you do
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Have an upbeat, can-do attitude and work well with creatives
- Team-player able to seamlessly partner with designers, marketing, and engineering
- Strong change management and scheduling skills
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with a positive attitude to challenges
- Experience with Consumer Electronics is optimal.
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities
- Be fun to work with!!
As a Design Project Manager, you have:
- Excellent bilingual English/Chinese language skills
- 5+ years Project/ Program Management experience in high tech and consumer products environment with cross-functional teams experience leading projects; including industrial design, CMF (colors, materials, finish), and optimally Product Packaging
- Team-oriented: The team player must be able to seamlessly partner with product designers to assess risk, strategize and meet deliverables for projects.
- Superior project scoping, project timeline development, risk assessment, and prioritization skills
- Experience creating comprehensive project timelines utilizing project management software, e.g. Google Suite, Workfront, etc.
- 4 Year College Degree, BA or BS from accredited university/college or equivalent job experience.