LIXIL – WHO WE ARE
Every person on the planet dreams of a better home. LIXIL makes that possible with pioneering water and housing products. Our purpose is to make better homes a reality for everyone, everywhere. LIXIL was created in 2011 through the consolidation of five of Japan’s most successful housing and building companies. Since then we’ve acquired some of the most trusted global brands in our industry.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Dynamic, creative individuals who want to combine an ability to work with a passion for LIXIL’s greater purpose and desire to make a lasting and positive contribution to society. Responsible for taking the identified LIXIL brands’ design values and languages to create unique brand experiences.
THE WORLD OF LIXIL GLOBAL DESIGN
At our six major in-house design studios in Tokyo, Tokoname, New York, London, Düsseldorf and Singapore, our global design team is creating distinctive experiences with our iconic brands, based on comprehensive analysis of trends and consumer insights. By combining this experience-based design approach with LIXIL’s advanced technologies, we develop meaningful products that solve real-life challenges and add real value to the daily lives?
Pls kindly find the links to the LXIL Global Design webpage and Instagram account to further know more.
- Create and develop innovative, thoughtful and culturally sensitive design solutions on both roadmap and advanced concept projects.
- Research into design, social and technological trends as well as consumer segments, and market competitors to inspire the organization and guide your design directions
- Create outstanding presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, high-quality renderings, and appearance models
- Build CAD models of intended design directions for the creation of prototypes or to communicate design intent to engineering teams
- Collaborate and lead fellow designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout the projects
Provide support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of the design field
- Develop and mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Industrial Design
- 6-8 years’ experience of designing products from concepts all the way to tooling and production
- Excellent skills in ideation, concept visualization, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping
- The ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options: forms, colors, finishes, materials
- A flexibility and adaptability of approach, focused on finding a workable solution to every problem
- An extensive knowledge of materials, manufacturing, and engineering processes
- Strong sketching skills, both hand-drawn and Digital proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros and Keyshot.
- A passion for design, technology, and an active lifestyle
- A team-oriented, positive, and constructive attitude