Dick’s Sporting Goods is searching for a talented apparel designer for an open Senior Apparel Designer of CALIA by Carrie Underwood. It is their responsibility to manage the entire product design process, which includes market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, spec’ing and fit. They are also responsible for researching global markets in order to identify new trends and innovations. As a senior they will be providing training and mentoring to other designers.
* Multifaceted design experience in high profile brands.
* Responsible for the entire design process of multiple brands to include global market research to identify trends and innovation, trend board creation, designing, sketching, tech packs and establishing expression of fit.
* Establish the design integrity and a good, better, best strategy of multiple brands by driving the appropriate point of difference merchandise in line with each brand profile, collaborating with the director of design, product managers, design peers, merchants and vendors.
* Help to execute seasonal line plan in partnership with product management analyzing core customer and the market to ensure constant evaluation and improvement of product to move multiple brands forward.
* Innovative team leader providing training and mentoring to the team. Work with the director of design to establish seasonal color palettes and to identify seasonal trend.
* Lead the aesthetic creation of product and drive the creative direction from initial concepts and sketches, innovative design solutions, incorporating technology, color, fabric/finish standards, print & pattern, trim & expression of fit for multiple brands. Introduce new initiatives and innovative ways to update key item programs based on information and inspiration from trade shows, online research, meeting with vendors, conducting competitive and aspirational shopping.
* Manage and drive the design process. Coordinate the design and development process for multiple brands from concept sketches and technical packs through final prototype/adoption. Research, establish, differentiate and communicate technology and fabric platforms for multiple brands. Work with design peers and director to establish solutions for department challenges and new growth opportunities
* Plan and communicate the design vision at a store/fixture level. Create innovative design tools/strategies for presenting merchandise at milestone meetings.
* Work with technical design and product management to ensure that design packages are accurate and complete. Attend seasonal fit analysis and weekly fit sessions to drive the expression of fit for multiple brands. Work in partnership with the fabric specialist to achieve costing and aesthetic goals for the seasonal fabric palette. Shop the market, including our stores, with product management and merchants to promote partnership and increase the understanding of each other’s point of view. Collaborate with product management and merchants on a consistent basis to ensure that product has a singular point of view. Adhere to the time and action calendar
* Supervision, development and management of Design staff.
* Ability to meet deadlines and lead in a fast paced, team environment.
* Commercial sense and excellent market knowledge
* Ability to design around concepts and clearly articulate seasonal design vision
* Strong creative design skills including silhouette, fabric, color and trim development
* Merchandising styles and prints
* Extensive fabric knowledge