Getty’s Communications department seeks a collaborative and empathetic problem-solver and communicator to provide front-end content strategy expertise to the redesign and maintenance of Getty.edu, the institutional website of the J. Paul Getty Trust. This multi-year project is re-envisioning the site’s user experience and technical infrastructure so it might better serve our various audiences and institutional goals to advance research, conservation, and everyday engagement with the visual arts and cultural heritage the world over.
The Senior Content Strategist will join the Digital Content Strategy and User Experience team and work with the UX Manager, UX Designer, internal stakeholders, and external partners to develop and implement content strategy for Getty.edu within a structured content environment. Responsibilities include aspects of UX strategy and design (e.g., identifying users, gathering requirements, UX research), content design (e.g., creating content for design and build phases, UX writing), and governance and training (e.g., documenting purpose and use of new content types and page templates, and training web editors).
We are seeking a digitally savvy candidate with 7+ years of experience developing strategy, utilizing UX research and design methodologies to inform strategy and content design, and building and stewarding structured content. The successful applicant will also demonstrate excellent communication skills—listening, writing, speaking, and presenting—and sound judgment when weighing, deciding, and explaining solutions to complex issues.
This is a full-time, hybrid position reporting to the UX Manager.
• Develop strategy for content areas that balance user needs, institutional goals, and available resources
• Collect and synthesize content requirements
• Conduct, synthesize, and present user and desk research
• Create content during design and build phases according to our UX, brand, and accessibility standards
• Maintain and advance documentation of content types and content model
• Support web content editors across Getty in understanding and utilizing structured content, content standards, and UX and content-design best practices
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to digital media production
• 7+ years of experience
• Substantive experience in media production and project management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to craft effective content strategy in complex content environment
• Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• Skilled at creating content according to brand, editorial, UX, and accessibility standards
• Experience producing and maintaining content models and structured content
• Strong knowledge of UX research practices and methodologies
• Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work tasks
• Knowledge of accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1) and best practices
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and markdown. Familiarity with programming concepts is a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, for basic photo editing
• Knowledge of Google Analytics
• Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and IP
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/R8wnQxsWagDPGH17Xf4Nj7