Los Angeles based Wall Décor company is in search of a SENIOR DESIGNER for in-house Design Team and Product Development Department.
Work with and oversee several designers while developing wall decor for mass market accounts, working with both in-house teams and factories overseas.
Coordinate design projects with Sales Reps, Graphics, Import, and Sample Departments.
Aid in the preparation of sales meetings & presentation.
Previous experience in design for retail is a plus along with prior retail administrative supervisory experience.
Candidates must have 3-6 years experiences in same or similar industry. Candidates must be capable of managing multiple projects at once with tight deadlines in an extremely fast pace work environment.
• Inspire and create innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital and print platforms that will have a positive business impact.
• Provide day-to-day, hands-on creative direction and design in a fast-paced environment.
• Elevate and evolve the aesthetic of current product lines while maintaining the creative standard and supporting the overall brand direction.
• Develop and execute distinctive and new customer specific product lines.
• Ensure Design Spec consistency and accuracy to communicate product specifications and builds thoroughly and effectively.
• Interact with Sales Team, Design Director, and Product Development Director to create trend right, sellable product
• Possess an acute understanding of the competitive landscape.
• Continuously research home décor landscape via online, observation research and shows
• Work closely with Account directors, to determine product line for each account & participate in the brainstorming process.
• Prepare and communicate art direction as needed.
• Communicate with factories on special projects as needed.
• Keep up to date on industry trends and market activity.
• Work closely with Graphics, Import, and Sample Department in order to get the design projects completed on time.
• Aid in preparing product presentations for Sales Team based on market trends.
• Candidate must have 2-3 years experiences in product development / design, preferably inside of home décor.
• Candidate must be capable of managing multiple projects at once with tight deadlines in an extremely fast pace work environment.
• Bachelors or related degree from a 4 year accredited University preferred.
• Prior experience in picture framing, interior design, or home décor is a huge plus.
• Must have general awareness of the retail market, pricing, and perceived value.
• Must be a motivated self-starter.
• Must be able to work both autonomously and in a team setting.
• Must have a good eye for sellable art and design.
• Proficient in Office Programs (Word, Excel, MS Outlook and etc.)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and etc)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with top Management.
• Must possess a consumer-centric, commercial design mentality.