About the Role
Under the direction of the Design Director and in partnership with peers, develop big ideas, graphic concepts and product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant objectives on a seasonal basis. Manage technical design execution and lead the product development process by working with major international home-goods manufacturers/vendors.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
• Execute entire design process for a given season within multiple hard goods product categories.
• Ensure product design technical packages are complete, accurate and handed off to agents and vendors.
• Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color direction, material, fabrications and styling and/or product form function and manufacturing processes.
• Gathers market data on key fashion trends and analyze what competition is doing to bring new business opportunities to the team.
• Create merchant line plans, assortment of strategies, price points and overall creative direction for assigned categories.
• Deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts to merchants.
• Present seasonal product information (inspirations and facts) to field, product information, sourcing, and various cross functional business partners.
• Maintains brand "P.O. V" (Point of View) and "P.O.D" (Point of Difference) through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
• Manages the weekly Product Development Meetings and maintains communication between agents, merchants and sourcing.
• Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
• Manage, coach, develop employees and make hiring recommendations.
• Determine workload for staff; recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
• We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe.
• A technologically and data-driven business.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits.
• We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation.
• We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
• We get to be creative on a daily basis
• A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
• Minimum 7-10 years product design experience in home goods.
• Degree in Design or equivalent experience. Master's degree in design a plus.
• Engineering knowledge a plus.
• Graphic Design Skills, Creative and Inspirational thinker, Deadline driven.
• Strong sketching and ideation skills.
Technical Competencies required:
• Full proficiency in Mac operating systems with skill excellence in the Adobe Creative Suite.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
• Tax-free commuter benefits
• A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
• In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University and LearnIt
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Quarterly sample sales
• A business casual work environment
• A bike share program
• Time off to volunteer
• Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
• Company-sponsored walks and runs
• Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.