The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is looking for a Senior Designer to join our creative team to produce and oversee digital and print creative projects. This person will need experience creating all forms of graphic design: digital/online, print and in-store, creative concept and campaign ideation, and the ability to move from big ideas down to detailed production executions. Part of this role will be to ensure that high quality creative pieces are on-brand and delivered on-schedule.
Candidates should have a passion for what our brands represent: quality, craftsmanship and a life outdoors. This person must have prior experience working within a team, understanding the balance of internal needs and third-party vendors to deliver creative visual strategies and successful projects. A pro-active nature and willingness to bring new ideas to the table are vital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Help concept and design all media, including: line-guide catalogs, product-driven campaigns, print and digital advertising, consumer flyers, photo/video content oversight, online marketing collateral, packaging, website graphics and in-store displays.
• Oversee, review and provide creative feedback to outside vendors and freelance designers.
• Be a leader in maintaining adherence to our Brand Guidelines throughout all visuals.
• Communicate with Brand Management team to ensure creative solutions are on-brand and hitting all messaging directives.
• Partner with Creative Producer for the execution and completion of projects, especially those involving outside vendors.
• Additional projects may include but are not limited to: product photoshoot direction, editorial design, vendor interactions, internal events participation and ongoing identification of areas for design improvement.
• Some travel for offsite meetings, content trips and brand events required.
• Other duties as assigned
• PDX in-house position, remote not available.
• Knowledge of digital design, marketing tactics and production requirements.
• Should be quick, collaborative and creative. Must thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining deadline oriented.
• Team communication skills are vital.
• Previous experience with photoshoots and video (product, lifestyle, or campaign) is a plus.
• Additional design software knowledge (like Adobe XD or SketchUp) is a plus.
• Previous experience with lifestyle and outdoor brands is a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally work in distribution as business fluctuations warrant. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or similar
• 4-5 years minimum design experience: agency or in-house
• Advanced knowledge of MacOS and Adobe design software
• Strong graphic design, layout, and typography skills.
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, iOS/MS Office.
This position reports directly to the Art Director, with oversight from Creative Director, Visual Design