About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize – and The Telly Awards – the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and its innovators is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are looking for a senior designer to join our team. We want to bring in someone who truly lives and breathes design – someone with a strong POV on visual design and a great portfolio, but more importantly, someone who really loves design. We need someone who is comfortable working transparently, gets excited iterating and ideating, and can really dig in to the process. You’ll be in the trenches, but can keep your eye on the overall goal. Be ready to work and output a ton. You will have the opportunity to mentor and support other members of the creative team and work closely with leaders across multiple awards programs. Be the voice of the Webby Awards show, and more.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office.
- 5+ years of professional design experience with highly developed skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and contemporary design tools and methods.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, and motion graphics a plus.
- Confident presentation abilities, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively across all levels—we value folks who will be strong leaders while fostering team camaraderie.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment. Be able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with substantive incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, reach out to us at J O B S at recogmedia.net with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team. Include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role. We are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio for this role.