Senior Graphic Designers at SketchDeck are strong conceptual thinkers who are passionate about design and visual problem-solving. Our Senior Designers are collaboratively-minded creatives highly skilled across a range of disciplines and detail-oriented while possessing a holistic understanding of design principles and best practices.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the design and development of a wide range of deliverables for our clientele including, but not limited to—identity & brand design, presentation design (PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides), infographic design, long-form editorial design (eBooks, annual reports, etc), and various other print and digital assets (digital advertising, social media assets, brochures, one-pagers, etc).
This is both a conceptual and executional role.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Project Manager (PM), Design Director (DD), and other designers
- Have the opportunity to work on our premium projects with VIP clients
- Be responsible for the conceptualization and execution of design solutions for our broad range of clients
- Ensure that the quality of work that we are bringing forward meets our (and clients') high level of standards—attention to detail is key
- Have time and project management skills—must be comfortable simultaneously managing multiple projects for various clients across time zones
- Be responsible for setting and maintaining a clear and consistent visual direction for other designers to follow
- Be expected to comfortably and thoughtfully present work to clients
We are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience (not a requirement, but preferred)
- Well-versed in design principles
- Strong conceptual + execution skills
- Branding + strategy-based design thinking
- Strong illustration skills; able to both follow existing brand illustration style guides and create new illustration style concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time/project management skills
- Able to interpret briefs and ideate design solutions based on the them
- Enthusiastic about collaboration with a remote team of project managers, design directors, and other designers based all over the world
- Receptive to direction but enthusiastic about pushing boundaries and ideating design solutions — inventiveness is key
- Excellent communication skills — able to write/speak about your design thinking and rationale
- Experience in motion design/video/animation is a strong plus (familiarity with AE + C4D)
- Experience with Figma is a strong plus
- Designers who are based in or able to work across US time zones are preferred but we're open to other time zones if the candidate is an exceptional fit
- Open availability (20+ hrs/week minimum)
This is a part-time freelance position. Strong, consistent work from our designers typically results in developing a good relationship with our clientele and the continued opportunity for more work. This is a great opportunity for designers with existing clients.
Please include your resume with a link to your portfolio.