Job Purpose Statement:
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that will be responsible for the conception and realization of User Interface Design for the Bosch and Thermador Home Appliance brands in North America. This position will be pivotal in the long-term development and strategy of the user experience and interaction with our appliances. This role will include detailed hands-on User Interface design and developing our UI strategy. She/he will drive UI design based on consumer needs, conduct usability testing, manage external firms for UI prototyping and design specification, and work with software development to ensure the quality of implementation.
Director, Industrial Design
• Support Industrial Design Director for the User Interface Strategy and Vision of Thermador and Bosch North America home appliances.
• Lead usability testing on low and high fidelity UI prototypes.
• Translate consumer insights into UI design proposals.
• Manage external User Interface firms to develop User Interface concepts, prototypes, and detailed UI design specifications including screen designs, pixel location of assets, fonts, animations, and sounds for transfer and implementation by software development teams.
• Work with software development teams to ensure implementation and quality of design.
• Collaborate with the Industrial Design team to implement UI in context of total product experience.
• Trend scouting and identification of emerging UI/UX trends and technologies.
• Recommend and develop tools and best practices for UI design work.
• At times the individual can be asked to participate in a multitude of physical activities that include moving, set-up and storage of prototypes, exhibits, and design models. These tasks are to be determined by the individual and her/his physical limitations and should be attended to on a situational basis.
• Office environment.
Job Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. A Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to User Interface Design or User Experience Design preferred.
• Extensive computer knowledge of UI software: Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Keynote, etc.
• Knowledge of consumer research, usability testing, design thinking, and UX methodologies.
• Experience with embedded user interfaces or industrial design background is a plus.
• Capable of working on multiple UI design projects with a very high level of complexity.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Optimistic, creative and motivating personality with good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be team oriented and flexible.
• Highly organized with exceptional planning capabilities.
• Ability to moderate group discussions.
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
• Motivation to take on greater responsibilities over time with a positive attitude.
• 5+ years of experience.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Keynote, Sketch, Invision, etc.
• Advise Industrial Design department on best software practices
• Travel required approximately 20% (Domestic & International).
• Candidate must submit a resume and User Interface design portfolio as a pdf or web-link for consideration. Maximum file size is 3mb.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.