WHO WE ARE
We are NewDealDesign, an award-winning technology design firm and the National Design Award honoree. With over 100 awards under our belt, we work on the coolest projects in tech, from advanced concept assignments with industry giants to the latest creations for hot start-ups. We team industrial, visual, and interaction designers with strategists and engineers to create delightful objects and experiences. Come and join us!
Our experience design team, a combination of product, interaction, and service design, tackles innovative products, new UX for emerging tech, holistic systems thinking, visual design systems, and more, The XD team collaborates closely with all design disciplines in the studio (Industrial Design, Strategy and Product Engineering) to bring experiences to life. We are looking for a designer with a playful and human take on design. A senior designer will bring their expertise in designing comprehensive design systems, services, and interfaces for clients large and small, in a wide range of categories, across all touch points - digital, physical, and beyond.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
You are not boxed into a single type of design role, instead you approach design holistically whether it is a detailed digital experience or a broad service system. At the same time, you have a deep expertise in an aspect of design, whether that is experience in a large-scale digital product or a unique take on design research. You think critically across systems and thrive in creative problem solving. You have a considered point of view that you can bring to the table and thrive working with different points of view, You are an experimenter, not afraid of the ambiguous, and enthusiastic to try something new. And lastly, you have your own impeccable style and taste in all that you do.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a design/creative studio or related.
- Degree in interaction design or related experience.
- Passion and a point of view on experience design
- Expertise: Pen + Paper, Figma/Sketch, Prototyping tools, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects.
- Strong storytelling through Keynote, sketching, and storyboarding.
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience working with clients, presenting and explaining your work.
- Ability to take ownership and proactively address project needs.
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken.
- Illustration, Motion Graphics, Cinema4D experience is a valued plus.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
If you feel this role is meant for you, please send us a portfolio that shows your capability as a thinker and designer. Show us what inspires and drives you and helps us visualize what kind of team member you could be.