The Senior Furniture/Lighting Designer acts as contributing staff member to the core AvroKO Design teams under the direction of the Managing Senior Designer.
This person must be highly motivated and knowledgeable about the furniture and lighting design industry, with experience in various aspects of hands on fabrication. They will need to be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time. We are looking for someone who easily works well within a team structure as well as has the ability to take the lead, with a strong sense of personal aesthetic that is in line with AvroKO design philosophy.
Design + Documentation + Delivery
• Supporting the project team in creating furniture and lighting designs, tasks include;
• detailed hand sketching for concept development
• high level Solidworks modelling
• rendering in Solidworks and Keyshot
• creating presentations
• creating technical drawings
• image research, materials and furniture component sourcing etc.
• comprehensive file management
• maintaining personal project schedules and managing hours
• attending regular internal meetings
• understanding and advising on budgets
• reviewing shop drawings
• working with fabricators to develop designs
• general construction administration
Supporting AvroKO’s fabrication division - GoodShop Manufactories - GSM in maintaining
custom manufacturing commissions;
Assisting our dedicated GSM staff in
• creating and managing bids and quotes
• communication and visits with fabricators
• oversight of shop drawing creation and management
• coordination with General Contractors, Lighting Designs, etc.
• maintaining project schedules
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Only applicants with the following qualifications and experience will be considered
• Bachelors degree in Furniture Design, or Industrial Design preferred.
• A minimum of at least seven (7) years post graduate experience at an architecture or
interior design firm, with related hospitality design experience.
• Fluency in Solidworks required. Experience with Keyshot required.
• Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, and
• Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD, and Sketchup required to collaborate with interior
designers and architects.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Fabrication experience a huge plus.
• Must be legally able to work in the US.
• Must be available to join the team in 2-4 weeks.